Search

Seattle in May?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 1997, 05:29 PM
kimberly

Seattle in May?

I'm traveling to Seattle in May. Any suggestions of good places to stay near the convention center? How about good places to eat and things to see? I won't have a car as I'll be in a conference much of the time. Thank you!

Old Dec 19th, 1997, 09:36 PM
jj

Kimberly: A couple of places I've enjoyed eating at are north of the ferry terminal on the waterfront. Both have great seafood: Ivar's and Elliott's, the latter has wonderful crab cakes. Within walking distance of both a Pike Place Market (touristy, but a fun place to get fresh fruit) and the Seattle Art Museum with a fine collection of northwest Indian art. South of town is the Museum of Flight in the middle of the Boeing airplane complex; north of town, the Museum of History and Industry is near the UW campus.

Old Dec 19th, 1997, 10:52 PM
sgorces

You don't say anything about hotel preferences. There is a nice Sheraton right next to the convention center. The new Hotel Monaco about 4 blocks away is very nice and popular. The Seattle Westin is excellent and the Four Seasons Olympic Hotel is world class. Eat at Wild Ginger, Labuznik, Palamino (which is across the street from the Sheraton).

Old Dec 20th, 1997, 01:49 AM
Dana Marshall

The Sheraton as mentioned is the best hotel in Seattle. Do not neglect the Metro bus system. The transit tunnel will get you from one end of downtown to the other in a few minutes, and it's free. Yes, the hills are steep, but there are way to get around that.

All travel by bus in downtown Seattle: North boundry is Battery Street, East is 6th Ave, South is Jackson Street, and West is the Waterfront, not including the Waterfront Streetcar, is free. Enjoy.

I have lived in Seattle, and travel there regularly, if you have any questions, you can email me at: [email protected]

Dana

Old Feb 5th, 1998, 07:07 PM
Valeri Zwick

Actually the Four Seasons is the best hotel in Seattle and is within easy walking distance. The Sheraton, if you are a member and can upgrade, has a wonderful club level with great rooms and free breakfast, high tea, and snacks before dinner but isn't quite as nice as 4 Seasons which always makes you feel very pampered and has an especially nice pool and work out area. It is very good, however.
The Alexis, Inn at the Market and Sorrento are also good hotels although slightly farther away. For cheaper but still nice accommodations try the Mayflower (a bit farther) or the Palliser--which is extremely close to the convention center.