Seattle Hotels/Restaurants

Feb 24th, 2001, 11:05 AM
Karen

Seattle Hotels/Restaurants

Will be in Seattle ONLY one day in August on our way to Victoria. Anyone have recommendations on great hotels or restaurants?

Feb 24th, 2001, 11:47 AM
sheri

If I had one day/night in Seattle, I'd stay in a water-view room at the Inn at the Market, have lunch at Wild Ginger and dinner at Dahlia Lounge (or vice versa).

Feb 24th, 2001, 11:59 AM
Karen

Sheri, When I looked thru Fodor's, the Inn on the Market was my first choice. I called prior to this posting for the deluxe water view and was told they are sold out. The water view is still available. Glad to here someone is recommending it.

Feb 24th, 2001, 02:01 PM
kam

The Inn at the Market is a great choice! One big plus is that you can just walk back and forth to the market for coffee, pastries, restaurants etc. Too bad you only have one day.

Feb 24th, 2001, 02:04 PM
John

It's hard to beat the Four Seasons Olympic Hotel for top quality accommodation, although the new Hotel Monaco has gotten great reviews. The Monaco's restaurant, Sazerac, is one of the best in town. For French dining, (mentioned in your other thread) Campagne, or the smaller Cafe Campagne, both in the same building as the Inn at the Market, are great. None of these are especially inexpensive places, mind.

Feb 25th, 2001, 08:42 AM
Rain

Topper for DJ

Feb 25th, 2001, 01:14 PM
jill

We visited Seattle last June and had a terrific time staying at The Hill House Bed & Breakfast...the breakfasts, homemade soaps, and hosts were phenomenal.....it's about a 15 minute walk from the downtown area, but is located in a great neighborhood....we would stay there again and again !! Tell Herman we sent you !! Jill & Jamie Gerardo, Greenville, NC

Feb 25th, 2001, 01:18 PM
jill

Forgot to mention...the best "eats"...The Pink Door for Italian, Etta's for seafood, Jamjuree for wonderful Thai food, Nishino's for japanese or sushi.

Feb 26th, 2001, 01:28 AM
ldsant

Inn at the Market is very nice. I prefer Cafe Campagne for lunch - not very expensive and very good. Campagne is it's "sister" restaurant upstairs - much more expensive and formal (hard to do in SEA!). Other restaurants:

I'm keeping the area confined to downtown since you're only here for one day:

1. Place Pigalle
2. Metropolitan Grill (need reservations)
3. Hunt Club at the Sorrento

Dessert: Dilletante's on Capitol Hill

After drinks/jazz (if you enjoy jazz) - Jazz Alley

Have a great time.

Feb 26th, 2001, 07:50 AM
Jazz

Please note that Jazz Alley isn't some neighborhood bar that you stop into hear a jam session. There's often top rate acts performing there, which also means top rate cover charges. Just be warned that it might be a costly evening, though often very good entertainment.