Search

Seattle Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 11:43 AM
NSal

Seattle Hotels

Any recommendations between the Seattle Sheraton vs the new Seattle Hyatt. Both are downtown. This is for a family of 4 (including kids).

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Jack

I have not seen the Hyatt but the Sheraton is a large, impersonal, convention-oriented hotel. If you are not part of a convention, you may feel neglected and notice poor service. Although the pool and exercise machinery (which were at the top of the hotel) offer an excellent view of the city, I would pick the Hyatt. By the way, I have stayed at a number of hotels in the area over the years and would recommend the Westin (Westin's flagship hotel) and the Four Seasons Olympic Hotel.

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 05:21 PM
msa

Have not stayed at those 2 hotels...but have stayed at the Westin in Seattle several times, with our 2 children. Its a wonderful place! Very nice hotel, reasonable prices, and within walking distance of everything...right in the middle of downtown. Hope this helps

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Betsy

Hi NSal
These are the 4-star hotels that Priceline uses in Seattle:
Sheraton Hotel and Towers
Westin Hotel
W Hotel
Hotel Vintage Park
Hotel Monaco
Elliott Grand Hyatt

If you go to www.biddingfortravel.com and scroll way down to Washington hotels--Seattle, you will see that travelers are getting these hotes for ridiculously low rates. After you spend some time learning to bid, the moderators on that site will help you construct a bid. You may take a bit of time to learn how to do this, but you will save a lot of money and stay in a great hotel.

PS: I don't work for or have any financial interest in PL or BFT. I'm a very happy user of these sites who loves to stay in good hotels for little money so I can splurge on other things, such as good restaurants.

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 09:08 PM
John

As it's newer, all things being equal the Hyatt would be my preferece. The Sheraton is a block closer to the retail core, but the Hyatt is lovely inside. As Betsy said, the Hyatt has been mentioned prominently on Biddingfortravel; nevertheless a friend of ours from LA stayed there midweek a couple of weeks ago and pronounced it one of the finest new hotels he's stayed at and said his floor was virtually empty.

It is plainly a business hotel, though, so don't know how it would be for kids. The Sheraton is also a business/conference place, so probably there's not a lot in it.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 03:54 AM
pj

FYI I am staying at the Seattle Hyatt in Aug. We are staying 4 nights, 40.00 a night through priceline. Not too bad! PJ