Reload this Page >

Seattle Hotel Recommendations, Please!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 1999, 11:25 AM
Dena Harrington

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel in Seattle near the ferry area? My family and I (2 kids ages 13 & 9 years) will only be there over night after a cruise to Alaska and some time in Vancouver. We plan to take the ferry from Victoria to Seattle and it arrives there about 2:30pm. Our flight leaves the following day about noon, so we don't have much time. Can anyone suggest a good place to stay since we will not have a car? Is the ferry area the right choice? Any suggestions about accomodations ($100-$150) per night would be greaatly appreciated. Also, what is a "must see" given the short amount of time in Seattle? Thanks for any help given!!

Old Jul 28th, 1999, 11:55 AM
Cheryl Z.

How about the Edgewater on the waterfront, or the Pioneer Square Hotel in Pioneer Square? With either, you'd be pretty convenient to seeing alot (the waterfront, Pike's Market Place, Pioneer Square), and to the ferry.

Old Jul 28th, 1999, 11:57 PM
Mame

Dena,
My family and I just returned from a trip to Alaska and spent three days in Seattle on our way home. We stayed at the Hotel Monaco which I highly recommend. Ask about their corporate rates. They brought my 13yr old son a goldfish to his room. The service was excellent and we were able to walk to almost everything but the space needle. We caught the monorail from the mall downtown and went to the space needle. All of this was within walking distance. I also noticed that just across from our hotel was the Park Plaza Hotel(I think, not sure). Lots of hotels in downtown Seattle and hard choices to make. Be sure and go to Pikes Market. There is an excellent resaurant in Pikes Market named Etta's. Excellent food and service. Hope this is some help. Have a good time.

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 05:43 PM
jeanne

Hi-I live in Seattle, so of course, I am not "up" on the hotel rates-but here are another few to try:

The Inn at the Harbor Steps-this is new-less than 6months and supposed to be really nice-maybe they have some special rates-close to the ferry.

Cavanaughs or Cavanaugh Inn on 5th Avenue between Pike and Union-very family oriented-and I believe the price is right-very central and nice area-right next to the Olympic 4 seasons!

If you want to "rough", there is the Green Tortoise hostel on 1st or 2nd near Pike and there is a rather "Youth Hostel" right behind Pike Place Market. If these are too rough, the other suggestions are better and the Monoco and the Edgwater are both nice

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 07:19 PM
sheri

Just FYI (esp. to Jeanne), the Inn at Harbor Steps has been open for at least two years--I know I booked clients there as far back as the summer of 1997. However, it's not really a good place for a family of four (rooms aren't big enough).

As to the suggestion of the Edgewater, I don't think you'll be finding very many rooms there in the $100-150 range! Same with the Monaco--even corporate rates are in the high 100s to low 200s (although it never hurts to try--if you are hitting Seattle on a less busy night, you might luck out).

You might try the new Homewood Suites on Western Avenue--because they are a little outside of downtown (but on the side of town that's close to the water and the ferries), their rates might be more favorable (otherwise, it's really hard to find anything downtown in your price range. You might also try the Summerfield Suites--sometimes their rates for one bedrooms can be in the 150-175 range. I'd suggest booking the Summerfield Suites through me as I have a special rate of $133, but for one night, it's not really cost-effective, as I have a $45 booking fee.

Hope this helps!
Sheri Doyle
Pacific Northwest Journeys