Seattle Hotel Inn at Market

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 10:08 AM
Marilyn

Seattle Hotel Inn at Market

Has anyone stayed at the Inn at the Market? I am looking for a charming hotel in Seattle, price is not an issue. Someone suggested this hotel. I need re-assurance from someone who knows. Thanks.

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 10:47 AM
stephanie

I would definitely describe the Inn at the Market as charming. It's location is tops as well. I would highly recommend it to you.

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 01:19 PM
Mary

Marilyn--a second to Stephanie--it is a lovely hotel; we very much enjoyed the restaurant. Ask for a room overlooking Puget Sound. . .enjoy.

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 02:35 PM
jeanne

Hi I live in Seattle and the Inn is lovely-so people I know have complained of noise because of the early atart for set-up of the market-but I guess it is just part of the "scene". You might also try the Inn at the Harbor Steps down the street-it is only 6 months old or so and I am told it is lovely. A little further south at 1st and Madison is the Alexis-which is bigger and very upscale and charming.

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 03:21 PM
Raeona

There's also a hotel, a little up the waterfront from the Market area, that juts right out on the water. It might be called the Edgewater...we were booked to stay there, but then our plans changed and we had to cancel. But I've heard good things about it.

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 04:28 PM
Kathy

Have stayed twice at the Inn at the Market and thoroughly enjoyed both stays. Can't imagine complaining about any noise involved in setting up the market--we just looked forward to watching all the activity going on right below us. Be sure and get a water view as the sight of the ferries in the foreground and the jagged peaks of the Olympic Mountains in the background is an unforgettable experience.

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 04:29 PM
Kathy

Have stayed twice at the Inn at the Market and thoroughly enjoyed both stays. Can't imagine complaining about any noise involved in setting up the market--we just looked forward to watching all the activity going on right below us. Be sure and get a water view as the sight of the ferries in the foreground and the jagged peaks of the Olympic Mountains in the background is an unforgettable experience. If price is not an issue, they have some suites that are two-storey affairs with bedroom and living room having the same incredible view. There are also suites that are a bit lower but closer to the water that have huge living rooms enjoying the aforementioned views.