Reload this Page >

Seattle Area lodging

Search

Seattle Area lodging

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 11:14 AM
Ed

Seattle Area lodging

Anybody seen a website with good honest ratings. Looking for a nice place to stay for four days but maybe not over $100.
Thanks.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 11:29 AM
Donna F

Do a search on this site of Seattle + hotels. We chose the Inn at Queen Anne based on our budget and recommendations I found here. We did not have air conditioning but some rooms do have A/C. The rooms are a little shabby but contain a small kitchenette. There's a nearby grocery store plus several good restaurants within walking distance. We could walk to the Space Needle and get the monorail so we didn't have to drive anyplace. I think we paid $129 (3 adults). The lobby and entrance are very nice and a modest continental breakfast is included.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Geth

If you don't mind being a short walk and bus ride away from the downtown area, Chelsea Station on the Park is a wonderful B&B. My fiancee and I stayed there for 4 nights last August and wouldn't change it for anything.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful breakfasts. Relaxing common room with many Seattle guidebooks and brochures, and a homey welcoming feel with lots of advice when we needed it. As small mid-westerners with NO, and I mean NO experience with mass transit, we found the buses easy to use, and just a few blocks from the B&B. Its right by the zoo, so once you are downtown, and need to go back, you just need to figure out how to get to the zoo.

We stayed in the Rose Garden suite, but I think both the Iris and Greenlake rooms would be lovely too.

http://www.bandbseattle.com/

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 12:56 PM
x

Don't know of any website with extensive ratings, but get a copy of "Seattle Best Places" or "Northwest Best Places" published by Sasquatch. These guides have reliable and fairly extensive reviews of places to stay and eat.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 07:51 PM
nancy

There is a great B&B in West Seattle that I have stayed at several times. I think it's called Villa Heidelburg. Get the first room at the top of the stairs and it has access to the roof for watching the sunset over Puget Sound and the mountains.

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Jayne Ryan

Hi..

I live in Seattle and subscribe to
www.citysearch.com (seattle)

They are currently surveying readers to find our the best xxxx!! in seattle..

I found for "The Best Bargain Hotel" they came up with the Moore Hotel. If this is too basic - try out this site to see if you can come up with a suitable alterative.

Write of the Moor Hotel
http://seattle.citysearch.com/profile/10768308

Check out the complete Seattle "Best of" listing at

http://best.citysearch.com/categories/seattle/2001

Good Luck...

The weather is fantastic in Seattle at the moment.