Seattle & Vancouver

Old Jan 5th, 1997, 06:50 PM
John Brownlee

Seattle & Vancouver

Hello!
The best and most scenic way to travel from Vancouver to
Seattle would be by ferry. AIrplane and then bus. (I don't know about trains) Is it not possible to rent a car?

Old Jan 6th, 1997, 02:56 PM
Joe Johnston

Seattle has a fantastic public trsansit system. Buses go everywhere. Bikes can be rented and taken aboard the washington state ferry system. Go in the summer( it's drier). Check out some of the less developed islands with the bike and take plenty of money to spurge on the great local beer and foods. Expect rain! Have fun!

Old Jan 8th, 1997, 07:42 PM
Steve Frost

The cheapest way to go is the Quick shuttle bus that goes from the Seatac Airport to downtown Vancouver. Once in Vancouver the transit service is easy and affordable. (the BC transit system actually won the "North Amercian Transit Service of the Year Award, or so the little stickers plastered all over every vehicle tell us)Alternatly, if you can get to Anacortes, WA there is a ferry there that will take you to Vicoria,BC on Vancouver Island. Victoria is worth a couple of days if you can do it. From Victoria there are a number of options to get to Vancouver. Most expensive: seaplane, or helicopter. Least expensive: PCL bus lines leave from downtown Victoria and will take you to BC Ferries. Then a not to be missed 1.5 hour ferry ride to the mainland. Back on the bus and a .5 hour ride to downtown Vancouver. If you're not likely to be up this way again and want to sight see, the extra cost and time of the roundabout ferry route is well worth it.

Old Jan 9th, 1997, 01:00 PM
Stephanie

Taxi or bus around Vancouver. To get to Seattle, take a ferry. Vancouver and Seattle are both major port cities so you should not have problems. Try walking or free bus zones in Seattle (great city). Make reservations at the Space Needle for dinner, it is an experience, though meals can get expensive $10 - $30 meals. I thought it was worth it. From the Space Needle take a short, above ground, subway to the downtown shopping center. Have fun!

Old Jan 20th, 1997, 12:24 AM
Steve Gorcester

I'm not sure why anyone would tell you to take a ferry between Seattle and Vancouver unless they are confusing Vancouver for Victoria. By far the best way between Seattle and Vancouver is by train. Amtrak operates a very nice train service each day. Make reservations through Amtrak central reservations, it is often booked full. There is also bus service, but take the train! There are no ferries between Seattle and Vancouver. Yes, you could go by ferry via Victoria, but it is a difficult and inconvenient trip without a car.

In Vancouver, stay at the Sylvia Hotel if you can get a room. In Seattle, try the Pacific Plaza, Vance, Best Western Executive Inn for budget options. Try the Sorrento, or Alexis for dollars to the wind luxury.

Both Seattle and Vancouver have good bus service. Vancouver has Skytrain, an elevated rapid transit system. Seattle has city bus service right at the airport, south end of baggage claim level. Have a nice visit to my beloved hometown!