Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Scottsdale's Radisson Spa & DoubleTree laPosada resorts...a comparison please !!?

Search

Scottsdale's Radisson Spa & DoubleTree laPosada resorts...a comparison please !!?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 03:28 PM
Tony

Anyone stayed at either the Radisson Resort & Spa or the DoubleTree la Posada Resort in Scottsdale !?
Which resort is more upscale? Nicer facilities ?
Any advice would be appreciated !

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 09:38 PM
Karen

Since I live in Phoenix, I have not stayed at either, but think, from what I do know, that I would go with La Posada...very nice location for getting around the valley...beautiful property with spectacular pool area...meals/receptions/meetings we've attended have been very well prepared and with attentive service. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 11:28 AM
John

I stayed at the Radisson a few years ago when I decided the day before to go to Scottsdale and everywhere else was full. It was decent, but a bit shabby. You are probably better off ANYWHERE else.

Old Apr 28th, 2000, 08:15 PM
Sheryl

I highly recommend using Priceline and bidding for a 5* property in Scottsdale. The only place I've seen getting a winning bid for a 5* is the Camelback Inn & Resort. If you want to learn about bidding through Priceline or Expedia's Hotel Price Matcher, visit the forum I host to discuss bidding at http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelinean...iabidding.html

Old Apr 29th, 2000, 03:25 PM
K

I stayed at La Posada awhile back and really enjoyed myself. The rooms are quite large and comfortable. I wouldn't call it a 5* resort, but it is great for the price. We were a party of five sharing two rooms and really liked the swimming pools/waterfalls.

Old Apr 29th, 2000, 08:31 PM
HuckstersGalore

Sheryl, get a life and stop filling these boards with your pseudo-ads.
And the Camelback is no longer really a 5 star resort. Its glory days are behind it.
Sell your wares on Frommer's

Old Apr 29th, 2000, 10:43 PM
RON

As for The Marriott Camelback Inn..
it has undergone renovations in the
last few years to maintain it's
AAA 5 Diamond and Mobil 4 Star
status, which it still has.
When was the last time "Huckster"
stayed there. I stayed there just
a few months ago and with there wonderful spa facilities I would
love to go again with my wife so we
could both enjoy all the spa has to offer.

Ron

Old Apr 30th, 2000, 06:55 AM
Karen

Tony has not been asking about Camelback Inn...the Radisson and La Posada are totally different resorts than Camelback Inn.

Old Apr 30th, 2000, 01:40 PM
Brooke

I stayed at the Radisson Scottsdale twice for a conference. It is a moderate casual resort I didn't find it very upscale, but it was nice. The staff were very nice and attentive. The rooms were so so. We upgraded to a penthouse type accomodation and liked it much better than the regular rooms. The resort is spread out, so if you have any problems walking you many want to request a room near the main building. The pool area was nice, but nothing spectacular. I would give the resort about 4 stars out of 6. About a step above a Holiday Inn. They had several activities planned at the resort and there was a golf course right behind the hotel. (The McCormick I think) It was in a nice area and they have a map of a running trail starting at the hotel if you enjoy walking or running. I do not remember them having spa services when I was there. The last time I was there was 98.