Reload this Page >

Scottsdale:Must See?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 1999, 09:24 AM
Joel Adelman

What would you suggest as must sees,must dine at, places in Scottsdale? Thanks!!

Old Jan 10th, 1999, 05:49 PM
Jane Thompson

Hi! I didn't see any replys but thought I would ask if you found any help anywhere else. Going next week for a few days - hoping to take some day trips and always interested in places to eat!
Thanks for any help! Jane

Old Jan 10th, 1999, 07:00 PM
Karen

Drive the Apache Trail, tour Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West, drive around Cave Creek and Carefree, just north of Scottsdale, visit Fountain Hills, just east of Scottsdale, take a desert jeep tour from any hotel or resort...your motel/hotel concierge can help you with directions or reservations. Eat lunch or dinner at El Chorro, restaurant here for approx. 50 years, dinner at The Other Place, nicer dinner at The Royal Palms, Mexican food at Macayo. E-mail me for any further help...been here my whole life and take many people on volunteer tours of the valley.

Old Mar 8th, 1999, 01:40 PM
Rosemary

Great Thai food at Mahli's on Main in Mesa.

Old Mar 8th, 1999, 01:41 PM
Rosemary

Great Thai food at Mahli's on Main in Mesa.

Old Mar 8th, 1999, 04:49 PM
Frank

Shop at the Borgata and have lunch in the outdoor cafe - very nice!

Old Mar 9th, 1999, 04:55 PM
Marcus

My wife's son and family live in Phoenix and have stayed in Scottsdale many times for her conferences. She works and I explore ! Last April I drove to the small mining town of Globe and walked the Besh Ba Gowah Archaeological Park. This is a partially reconstructed Salado Indian pueblo site. To find it in Globe, drive out of the city on South Broad Street to Jesse Hayes Road. As recommended in another post, driving the Apache Trail is fun as your venture into Superstition Mountains. And even though it is filled with tourists, stop at Tortilla Flat country store for prickly pear ice cream. We whole heartedly recommend the above post for Malee's Thai Restaurant located at 7131 E Main. You may need reservations for dinners. We normally share several appetizers to experience a variety of Thai tastes. Walk Main Street with its outdoor sculptures.

Old Mar 10th, 1999, 04:10 AM
Al

Assuming you will have wheels, why not visit Phoenix's famous Heard Museum. It just this past week opened its doors to a greatly-enlarged exhibit area. It possibly is the world's finest collection of American Indian art and artifacts. Should not be missed! Depending on when you will be in Scottsdale, check to see if the Arizona Diamondbacks and/or the Phoenix Suns are playing in downtown PHX. Marvelous stadiums, great teams. Right now, all sorts of baseball is being played around the Valley of the Sun in spring training by many, many major league teams.