Search

Savannah Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 09:42 AM
Elaine BERK

Savannah Lodging

Has anyone stayed or have information on a B&B in Savannah's Historic District called Joan's on Jones? They've given me a great rate for a suite, the price I would pay for only a single room at all of the other B&B's I've checked. Would appreciate some feedback.
Thanks.
Elaine Berk

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 10:26 AM
OliveOyl

I've walked past it any number of times (catchy name...it sticks with you) but have never been in nor have I heard anything good or bad about it. It's in an excellent location though, and from the outside anyway, looks fine. Jones is one of the prettier streets in the historic district. If you do stay there, let us know how it was.

What other B&Bs are you looking into? Gastonian, Kehoe, and Ballastone are all fairly expensive, but really lovely inside. Foley House is excellent too. These all have great reputations. I've seen the insides of 3 and the reputations are well deserved. Much depends on what you are looking for...dh and I spend practically no time in our room wherever we go, so attractive and clean is about all we need, but for others, the room is a large part of the experience. If you fall into that category, I might stick with the "majors".

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 10:11 AM
Stacey

It seems that you know a lot about Savannah. I too, am looking for the best lodging in Savannah. It will be for my honeymoon---I am debating between the best room at the Gastonian or the best room at the Foley House. I understand that the Foley house has the better location. I
Are the rooms at the Gastonian worth the extra walking to shops and restaurants? Thanks in advance!

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 12:24 PM
OliveOyl

Stacey, It's a toss up, but what a nice dilemma to be faced with. I'm not certain how the "nicest" room at one compares with the same at the other. Both have lovely rooms in general and you won't be disappointed. If it were me though, I'd choose the Foley House, simply because I really love Chippewa Square, where it is located. Gaston is a busier street and the Gastonian isn't on a square.

Most of the shops and restaurants are either in City Market or on River Street so will be a walk from both places, but Savannah is one of the really great walking cities, so that only makes it more enjoyable.

You've chosen a wonderfully romantic spot for a honeymoon. Best wishes!!

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 08:44 PM
ab

highly recommend Presidents Quarters

The Ronal Regan Room is lovely, romantic, complete with private courtyard, whirlpool tub...

Beautiful and charming.

Complimentary bottle of wine, lovely turn down service with a glass of sherry, high tea elegant with assort. of cheese, crackers, delicious cakes, wine etc... wonderful breakfast served at your choice of location, the garden, your room?, the third floor?

See website at presidentsquarters.com

Enjoy!

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 03:23 PM
Stacey

Thank you so much for your response! I really appreciate it!