Santana Row (San Jose) Restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone tell me more about the restaurants that are found in Santana Row (San Jose)?

Thanks
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 11:34 AM

http://www.santanarow.com/dining/

Do you have a specific question about a restaurant?
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 11:48 AM

I've been to Left Bank and the greek place - both were very good, service was excellent, and the prices were in keeping with that of a higher end place, but not out of hand.
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

I have no restaurants in mind. However, I would like to know if the restaurants are reasonably priced. I notice there are Italian restaurants-how are these?
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 12:11 PM

My favorite Santana Row restaurant is Pizza Antica. Their food is excellent. They make thin crust pizza along with several other traditional Italian dishes. They have a nice wine list as well. Entrees are $12 - $18.
I love Caesar Salad and I have not eaten one that is better.
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 01:06 PM

We have eaten at most of the places in Santana Row many times.

Pizza Antica is very good - as mentioned above.

Sino is another good place - and for lunch the Dim Sum is a great deal

Consuelo is a very good for Mexican food

Straights is good (same owner as Sino) but is a bit loud during the evenings.

Blowfish is very good sushi, and can be a bit pricey (what sushi isn't these days)

Village California Bistro is OK - my wife loves the various fresh fruit infused Vodka from the bar.

I would stay away from Pasta Pomodoro and Maggios as they are chain amer-ital restos...the other chains we avoid include Chili's, and Yankee Pier
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 08:42 AM

There is also an excellent Indian restaurant called Amber India. Very nice. At lunch there is a buffet, although you can also order off the menu. I do like Yankee Pier, very high quality seafood and the best clam chowder, but for the money you pay, it is a very casual place. I find Sino to be good, but at night it is so loud and crowded - bar scene is really big there - that I have started to avoid it, despite the good food. Straits is also excellent food but same deal as Sino. Guess I'm just getting to be an old fogey. Agree on the comments on Pizza Antigua, Pasta Pomodoro and Maggianos. Thea, the mediterraen restaurant is excellent, upscale looking place - they also have a killer blackberry martini. Oh yum! I do not like Village Cafe - been there twice - once the food was nearly inedible and a snooty waiter to boot. The next time, nice waiter, extremely mediocre food. So that one is off my list.
Here are my favorites, no particular order: Amber India, Left Bank, Thea's, Pizza Antigua.
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 05:13 PM
trippinkpj

I think Thea's is my new favorite:
http://www.santanarow.com/dining/?id=143
I also am a fan of Pizza Antica.

Old Sep 11th, 2006, 06:41 PM

Love Amber India. Do not like Maggianos. The thing about Pasta Pamadoro is that it is just cheap and pretty good and fast service - with no pretension of being in competition with a "good" restaurant. A local chain.
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 08:30 AM

I like Pasta Pomodoro for the same reasons cabo mentioned. It is good for what it is and doesn't pretend to be anything else.
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 09:29 AM

Agree with above 2 folks re : Pasta Pomodoro, and for similar reasons. I've never had anything but good, friendly sevice and decent food. I go to the one in Emeryville. Some of their appetlizers esp'lly are excellent.
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 09:35 AM

Although I'm a fan of Amber (Indian) restaurant in Mt View, we were less thrilled about the one in Santana Row. More expensive & the food was just OK.

We're big fans of Thea!

While neither of these are inexpensive, they weren't wallet-busters either. I'd say that we spent around $50 each out the door, including a glass or two of wine.
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 10:00 AM

J - I believe we may be neighbors....
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 11:31 AM

cabo - what part of SJ are you in?
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 09:03 AM

Amber rest. is good yes. We can say that only a diff. pallet can knowing the grades of Indian dinner. Not the bad comment for our peoples.

Overview: Santana Row is for make a good impress on visitor here. Not the long term spending habit for the wife. Ouych. Stay out of Gucci and the other high costing visit. Mabye dotcom millionere still spending or all spent. SOme with Ferrari show to Satana Row.

For Straits, we reservation the long table at a patio. Hvae the big group mabye 8 - 10 people. Not noisy like the indoors.

This out of bounds: Good Thai Food? Amarin. Having a rest. at Saratoga Ave with Campbell Ave. on corner. Across stret is one movie theatre that looking like bubble. (and Krung Thai on 2 rest. SJ)
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 09:46 AM

J - 280 and 85 area
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 10:16 AM

We've dined at the tapas place, Blowfish and Left Bank. Left Bank was the best of the three. The sushi place was way over priced and that loud techno music? No thanks. The tapas place was lousy. If you like pretty good steak frites, go to Left Bank.
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 07:14 AM

There is a brand new restaurant called Tanglewood at Santana Row. It is American with a 'twist' and what sounds like very interesting appetizers. On the pricier side. I haven't tried it yet, but it is getting good reviews. I want to try it soon.

I agree with the remarks about Blowfish sushi - excellent sushi, but overpriced. And that Techno Beat music - pass the Tylenol! I also like the Mexican Restaurant Consuelo (inside, not the outside bar in the middle). It is not traditional the Mexican dishes that we are used to (taco, enchilada, etc). The guacamole is made at your table and it is just wonderful - served with small warm tortillas, no chips.
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 08:38 AM

We also enjoy the fresh guacamole & margaritas at Consuelo's. A great before-movie treat.
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 10:26 AM

cabo - We are close to the other end of 85 - not too far from 85 and Blossom Hill Rd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -