Santa Fe's Pink Adobe ....

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 7 hours in the car and pushing through to Santa Fe, we were ready to visit the Dragon Room at the Pink Adobe, the first stop of each and every trip. A nice cold Rosalita and a bowl of Gypsy Stew!

However, upon arrival this past Friday, a white piece of paper hung on the door "Closed for remodeling. Reopening the middle of June."
We were curious as to what they would be updating - nothing for us as we love the eclectic atmosphere and can still see Rosalea Murphy sitting in her corner booth from years gone by.

After a few conversations with locals we discovered the grandson, Joe Hoback has sold The Pink Adobe to Garret Hotel Group, owners of Inn of the Five Graces in Santa Fe, The Point in the Adirondacks, and others. No one knows what architectural and design changes have occurred yet. My hope is they retain the charm and history of the bar and restaurant that has become a centerpiece in the Santa Fe restaurant culture and community. Very sad.

Other restaurant changes in Santa Fe:

The Palace Restaurant/Luckys (owned by Geronimo owner Cliff Skogland) closed last week suddenly. Apparently, no notice was given to the employees and movers were in the same day clearing out the restaurant.

Word is that Cliff Skogland/owner and chef Eric DiStefano are busy with their Scottsdale restaurant project that opened last year. I hope there are no changes in store for their restaurant Geronimo!!

Old news: Geronimo sold Swig.

That's the scoop!
The weather is gorgeous and all is well in Santa Fe!

Old May 14th, 2007, 06:55 AM

Thanks for the heads up Sheila -- but I know you can see the bright side -- lots of old favorites to fall back on and still other to try out!

Yes, isn't the weather simply GORGEOUS!

Enjoy~
Debi
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:03 AM

Sheila - thanks for the update and glad you're having a good time.
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:35 AM

Whew! You had me worried there for a second. ;-) Have a great week!
Old May 14th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Don't worry Beachbum. Ore House is alive and well. I'll be on the patio about 4pm today sampling a 'rita or two and enjoying your favorite charred tomato salsa!

Old May 14th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Forgot to add, Julian's Italian Restaurant sold as well.
Old May 19th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Correction on Julian's. Owner did not sell but a new chef is starting June 1st.
Sorry for the bad info.

However, the food last night was fantastic!!
Old May 20th, 2007, 04:18 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I just want to thank all the folks on this thread for posting so much terrific information about Santa Fe. I relied heavily on posts I found here at Fodors for my trip last week. I especially would never have tnought of the Ore House and its charred tomato salsa, which I felt obligated to try after the reviews from you guys.

I am almost done posting my trip report, but since it hasn't attracted many readers, I thought I'd post my thank you's here.
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 06:05 AM

Beach Girl (or anyone else), have you been to the Pink Adobe lately? We have reservations first night at el Shed, 2nd night at Geronimo's, 3rd night at ???. We usually go to Santacafe, Pasqual's, and La Casa Sena, but think I'd like to try someplace else. Would like walking distance from the plaza, and someplace that's open on Sunday night. Thanks, annie
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

annie, try Bistro 315. Excellent restaurant -- food and service.
Also, on Sunday's they have a prix fix menu in addition to the regular menu.

If you want fine dining Fuego at La Posada delivers a very special evening.

Haven't been to the Pink lately but friends just returned from there and said it was very good.

Oh! Check into Coyote Cafe. New chef and new menu. Completely revamped and getting good reviews.

I don't have my Santa Fean magazine in front of me but you might check it out as they have a food section every issue.
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 04:13 PM

BG, we ate at 315 years ago, and loved it. I read a few comments recently that weren't so positive so that's why I veered away. If you've been there recently and enjoyed it, then I'll go ahead and make a reservation! Thanks, annie