Santa Fe, NM

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 03:49 PM
kam

Santa Fe, NM

Young couple traveling across the U.S. will be staying 2 days at the Inn on the Alameda in Santa Fe. Question is---what suggestions for restaurants or to dos in the area. Is the Coyote Cafe worth it? Is it very expensive? What about Anasazi Restaurant. Should they go to the Taos Pueblo? Thanks for any suggestions.

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 05:53 PM
Chet Kastava

We suggest going to Bandelier National Park over Taos; BUT, the drive from Taos heading east to the interstate is breathtaking. For restaurants, we suggest Cafe Pasqual's located off the square (somewhat expensive). Also, Ore House is fun (great marguaritas at Happy Hour) and waiting for a table on the balcony. One more is La Tertulia which is a converted old convent. Good Food. The history within Santa Fe and around is fantastic. Enjoy.

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 05:59 PM
Chet Kastava

We suggest going to Bandelier National Park over Taos; BUT, the drive from Taos heading east to the interstate is breathtaking. For restaurants, we suggest Cafe Pasqual's located off the square (somewhat expensive). Also, Ore House is fun (great marguaritas at Happy Hour) and waiting for a table on the balcony. One more is La Tertulia which is a converted old convent. Good Food. The history within Santa Fe and around is fantastic. Enjoy.

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 09:12 PM
kkam

Thanks --I will pass along your suggestiions---hope that they will have wondeful tirip.

Old Jun 14th, 1998, 01:13 PM
G LUCKER

ONE OF THE MOST ROMANTIC CITIES IN THE US. LIKE SAN FRANCISCO, NEW ORLEANS AND BOSTON IT IS A GREAT WALKING CITY, JUST WALK DOWN ANY PASSAGE U SEE AND ENJOY THE THE SITES. TAKE A RIDE INTO THE HILLS OFF ALEMADE BLVD, IT IS BEAUTIFUL. BETTER YET TAKE A SIGHT-SEEING TOUR, IT IS VERY INTERESTING AND THEN YOU CAN WALK BACK TO SOME OF THE PLACES YOU SEE. THE BCOYOTE IS A GOOD RESTURANT BUT GO AND JUST ENJOY THE CITY IT IS TRULY BEAUTIFUL. THE RIDE OVER TO TAOS IS BREATH-TAKING, BUT DID NOT LIKE THE THE CITY IS IS TOO COMMERCIAL AND MUCH TOO CROWDED ESPECIALLY AFTER HAVING BEEN TO SANTE FEE.

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 11:37 AM
sandra

The coyote cafe has a rooftop restaurant which is less formal and less expensive then the restaurant below it, heard from someone I know that use to live in Santa Fe it is just as good. Tryed the Anasazi at lunchtime, it offered unususal version of well known dishes, my guess this is called "santa fe cuisine" had good food and menu was much less then at nighttime. Also enjoyed the familiarity of the small cozy Pasquals, thy have a cookbook for sale also available at Barnes and Noble or Borders bookstores nationwide, you may want to look it over to see if this type of food appeals to you before you leve home. For a more romantic setting the outdoor coutyard at Santacafe was very picturesque and the food was very good.

Old Jun 20th, 1998, 12:20 PM
Jacki Kwan

I'm looking for spiritual places to visit in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Any suggestions? Also for interesting hotels/ B&B's. thanks