Search

Santa Fe in August

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 1999, 06:28 PM
Phil

Santa Fe in August

I'm considering a 4 day trip to Santa Fe in August...it's for a meeting at the Eldorado Hotel. I can stay elsewhere if I choose. Any thoughts on the Eldorado or places close by that are 'nicer' and whether August is a decent time for a Santa Fe visit?

Old Apr 29th, 1999, 04:52 AM
Dick

August can be a great time in Santa Fe. Warm days,,.,,beautiful nights.

You should be aware that Indian Market takes place during the weekend of August 21 & 22. Lodging will be tight that weekend.

If you want to see some fabulous Indian crafts...its a great time to go( we go every year). However, if that isn't your thing, you may want to avoid the large crowds that weekend.

Old Apr 29th, 1999, 11:38 AM
phil

Thanks for the note...I'll be there the 8-11 so I'll miss the crowds, though it would have been nice to catch the Indian Market. Any restaurant recommendations?

Old Apr 30th, 1999, 06:18 AM
Howard

The Santacafe is an absolute must for dining in Santa Fe. Great food. Wonderful ambiance.

Old Apr 30th, 1999, 06:34 AM
howard

Santacafe is an absolute must for dining in Santa Fe! Wonderful food. Great ambience.

Old Jun 10th, 1999, 03:32 PM
Cindy T

Convinced my firm to send me to Santa Fe for a conference in August on them! Traveling sans spouse and meeting up with my best friend who lives in Vegas. We will be staying at the Hotel Loretto. Any input on this hotel? Also looking for suggestions on cool, semi-spiritual, back to nature type things to do that my somewhat conventional spouse would not necessarily be in to (hence traveling sans spouse). I've been wanting to go to Santa Fe for a long time and can't wait!