Santa Fe 25th anniversary B&B

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I, along with another couple, will be celebrating our 25th anniversaries in Santa Fe in late Sept/early Oct. Looking for a special B&B or other accomodations within walking distance of the Plaza. We'd like a nice place with some charm. Any first hand suggestions? Thanks!
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:17 PM

Have been waiting for someone to reply to you as my husband & I will also be celebrating our Silver Anniversary in New Mexico, but not until May 07 and have the same questions. I know it's early to prepare, but I'm a hopeless planner and would rather early then late. All hotels I've checked seem to be quoting their high side rates. Is it better to last minute it to get the best deals, if you're traveling on a budget, but still like nice things?
Hopefully this new post will bring some attention to your question! Rgds, L.O.
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:55 PM
nlg

My husband and I went to Santa Fe three
years ago and stayed at the Inn of the
Governor's. It is a small hotel within
walking distance of the Plaza-it is not
really fancy, but we had a great time
there and the breakfast buffet(included
in the room price) was one of the best
we have ever had. The staff was wonderful and when they found out it was
our anniversary they sent a bottle of
wine to our room. We would stay there
again if we find ourselves in Santa Fe.
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 08:07 PM

Thank you nig, had this on my possibility list, but with your first hand good account am moving it up my list!
Regds & blessings, L.O.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:25 AM

My husband and I stayed at the Hacienda at the Hotel Santa Fe in March. http://www.hotelsantafe.com/the_hacienda/index.html We had a beautiful suite with a fireplace, king bed, gorgeous bathroom, butler service. They have a spa (which we unfortunnately did not take advantage of) and lounge where complimentary breakfast is served; they also have an late afternoon cocktail hour (charge for wine and beer). The Hotel Santa Fe is a less than 10 minute walk from the Plaza and they also have vans and even a London taxi that will take you where you want to go in Santa--and pick you up if you call. The hotel is partially owned by Picuis Pueblo and has tons of native southwestern art objects (many of museum quality).
mtnquest, if you haven't already booked, please be aware that the annual Wine and Chile Festival in Sept. 27 to Oct. 1 this year and it always draws crowds to Santa Fe so you may have to adjust your dates a little to get lodging.
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 07:46 AM

Have you checked Inn on the Alameda? Very quaint, small and walking distance to the plaza. Also, Inn of the Five Graces is very nice with lots of charm and character. Good location as well. If you want a hotel then Anasazi, or Inn of the Governor's.

http://www.innonthealameda.com
www.fivegraces.com
http://www.innoftheanasazi.com
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 09:11 PM

Thanks beachhirl would love nothing more than to stay at these 3, but to my recollection all were $200+ and it's just not doable with our unexpected early retirement,here to stay evidentally! Regards L.O. Anything good in the under $159 category?
Rgds, L.O.
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 04:14 AM

The El Rey Inn is our favorite for less expensive Santa Fe lodging. It is a mile or so from the plaza but is a lovely little oasis with gardens, pool, outdoor hot tub. All the rooms are different with a southwestern, Santa Fe vibe and breakfast is included. http://www.elreyinnsantafe.com/
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 05:47 AM

We loved the Inn of the Governors. It includes a very good hot/cold breakfast buffet and a late afternoon tea or Sherry. It's a few blocks from the plaza, and the attached restaurant has great food, all for under $5!.
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 05:48 AM

Here's my recent Santa Fe report:
http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...1&tid=34836239
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 07:21 AM

Thanks MFNYC that truly is an awe inspiring report! Any special website to get best rates at Inn of Govenors
or do you book directly with them? Thanks for all this info! Regards, L.O. Sherwood, Oregon
I'm torn between booking early and getting space secured or waiting for last minute hopefully cheaper rates as I presume May not quite as busy! Advise anyone?Thanks in advance
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 07:24 AM

May in Santa Fe is a busy time as it is the start of the best weather. I wouldn't chance waiting...
Debi
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 07:28 AM

I booked through travelhero.com. They had the best rate at the time (it may have been a AAA rate).
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 07:31 AM

I just looked it up my reservation on travelhero, it was "AAA RATE TRADITIONAL RM 2 QUEEN BEDS FREE BREAKFAST PLAZA LOCATION FREE PARKING" at $206 plus tax.

We requested a King room when we arrived, which was priced a little higher than the 2 queen room. They gave it to us at no additional charge.
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 09:04 AM

Hey neighbor,
It might be a little out of your price range, but have a look at El Farolito, where my wife and I stayed last September. The inn is built with that charming SW adobe look and feel that you instantly fall in love with, staff is friendly and helpful with dining, shopping, and sightseeing suggestions, and breakfasts are a feast for the eyes as well as the tummy. The one negative; it's about a 10 minute walk from the plaza. We would have booked there again this fall had it not been full for our dates.

Happy planning,

beachbum, Tigard
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 01:43 PM

Thanks so much to all, they are such good sugestions and I oh so wish I was in position to stay at all these lovely spots! In the interest of sanity and a budget I've booked out on the Cerrillos strip at a decent dependable chain, that will be fine in the event there aren't any closer to arrival plaza "deals" for the nights of May 9-15th. Am thrilled that our special night May 8th will be covered at Hyatt Tamaya, by some nearly forgotten points that they thankfully still carried on the books from back in the days of frequent corporate travel! Now just need to determine that oh so hard part of how to split the balance of time between Santa Fe/Taos &?!
Maybe my Tigard Beachbum "neighbor" has insite on where this small town Oregonian will be happiest hanging out!
I readily admit when I booked those expiring Visa miles for air to ABQ I
had no idea how high the accomodations would be, am comitted now so will ride it out and do the best I can!
Blessings to all! L.O.