Search

Santa Barbara hotel help needed!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2006, 07:02 AM
EMM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santa Barbara hotel help needed!

My husband and I are traveling from the east cost to Santa Barbara for a wedding. We are also making it a quick vacation driving down the coast from San Jose to Santa Barbara. I already booked the Harbor View Inn in Santa Barbara for 4 nights for the wedding, but just noticed the Simpson House Inn reviews. Does anyone recommend Simpson House over Harbor View, or would it be worth to stay there for 2 nights? Thank you!
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 08:03 AM

Hi EMM. They are both nice but totally different. The Simpson House is a B&B in a neighborhood whereas the Harbor View is by the beach. The Simpson House is lovely and you get food with your room but it is not by the beach. What is important to you? If you want to wake up and see the ocean, be able to stroll along the beach, and be close to downtown, then stay at the Harbor View. The Simpson House is one of the only 5* B &B's in the US. You could divide the nights and get the best of both worlds if you don't mind unpacking and repacking. The Simpson House is pricier but with breakfast, afternoon wine and evening goodies, it is worth it.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 11:14 AM
EMM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! That is what I was thinking that they are both very different. I think we may split up the 4 nights so we have 2 at each place, but get to experience something different. I was just wondering if it was worth it to pack/unpack like you mentioned . We were going to do a tour of some of the wineries as well, do you know of any companies that provide a driving tour so that we don't have to drive ourselves? I have heard that there are companies that do this other than just renting a regular limo or car service? Thanks!
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 12:35 PM

EMM, you're welcome. I still think maybe you should split them up because it's probably not often you get to stay at a 5* B&B, but maybe you wouldn't want 4 nights there. You definitely get more privacy at a hotel, but of course, it is up to you . I will check into winery tours for you. They would drive to Santa Ynez Valley, which is about 30 min. north. There are some great wineries here!! Another neat thing is the amphibious bus tour-have you ever heard of those? It drives right into the water! BTW, when are you planning to come?
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 12:55 PM

ok, I found some websites for you:
www.breakway-tours.com www.personaltoursltd.com sbadventureco.com www.welovewines.com

Good luck!