Santa Barbara Anniversary Trip

Old Mar 4th, 2012, 07:55 AM
vsd
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santa Barbara Anniversary Trip

My husband and I are going to Santa Barbara March 16 for 3 nites to celebrate our one year anniversary (you helped us last year planning our wedding in Maui!) and we have rented a penthouse on State Street from vrbo.com. We would like recommendations for a restaurant to have a nice anniversary dinner in SB. Also any other recommendations for places to eat and do. We would like to rent bikes and understand there is a bike path (even found one that you can visit the local wineries) and would appreciate recommendations for bike rentals. We also would like to do some wine tasting on our own - maybe go to Goleta or Santa Ynez valley so would appreciate recommendations for wineries that aren't too far to drive to. Thanks.
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 08:00 AM
vsd
Original Poster

I meant we rented a penthouse on "Bath Street"!
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 08:05 AM

Opal Restaurant is a favorite of ours. And definitely take a drive up to Los Olivos for wine tasting and just a nice relaxing drive. Goleta has nothing to see, maybe you meant Solvang, witch is kitcshy but maybe worth an hour's stop for breakfast/danish pastry/window shopping.
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 09:37 AM
vsd
Original Poster

Thank you Joesorce for the info. Will look at that restaurants and Los Olivos! Yes, I meant Solvang!
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 11:09 AM

We were just there in Nov. & stayed at the Franciscan Inn on Bath St. - great location! We loved Opal but I wouldn't pick that if you are looking for somewhere quiet for your anniversary dinner - save it for another night, it's not super loud but it is busy and a bit crowded. Jane is another excellent restaurant we went to (right near Opal on State St.)

We went to the Sunstone Winery - beautiful grounds, good wine. It is right near Solvang which I recommend for a morning or afternoon - cute little danish town with lots of stores and restaurants (authentic danish food) It was about a 40 min. drive from SB. Have fun!
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 12:44 PM
vsd
Original Poster

Thanks travelingirl! Yes we want something quiet and romantic for our anniversary so will look at Jane. Will have to go to Sunstone Winery - we don't want to drive too far so that's good that it's in Solvang!
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 03:20 PM
vsd
Original Poster

The person we are renting our penthouse from has recommended Ca Dario's and Olio and Limone - has anyone been to these restaurants? Thanks.
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 07:37 PM

There are several wineries in Santa Barbara itself including Santa Barbara Winery just a block or so off State Street and the waterfront. A couple of others within a block of it as well.
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 10:32 PM
vsd
Original Poster

Thanks boom_boom. We will have to go to the wineries in SB. We did find a bike ride too in SB that takes you to the different wineries - will have to check that out!
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 07:26 AM

SantaBarbara.com has a great restaurant section with photos and reviews, availability to search by cuisine, search "restaurants with a view" etc. There are photos and links to the restaurant menus. Lots and lots of great dining spots within a few blocks so if you're good walkers, consider grazing, having maybe appetizers and a drink out on the wharf, then walking to the trolley and heading to another restaurant for dinner. We've even done a third restaurant just for dessert and an after-dinner drink. Make it a memorable evening!
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 06:50 PM
vsd
Original Poster

That sounds like fun tracys2cents! We are walkers and love to graze so that would be fun. Thank you!