Search

Sands of Kahana

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 1998, 12:48 PM
anne

Sands of Kahana

The Sands of Kahana look like a very nice place. Has anyone stayed there and what was their experience.

Old Aug 4th, 1998, 06:50 AM
Annette

Just bringing this to the top.

Old Aug 4th, 1998, 09:19 AM
Mary

Anne,

There was a posting on this a little while back, I have brought it to the top for you. I too have looked into this property. They only other thing I was told is the Kahana area can get very windy. You can take that for what it's worth, it was told to me by a travel agent who is trying to get me to stay at another resort. Maybe someone else has some insight to this.

Old Aug 4th, 1998, 05:12 PM
Jon

Sands of Kahana is OK. But there are nicer places in better locations on Maui. If you want a condo, I suggest you consider Kaanapali Shores, Mahana, or Kaanapali Alii. If you want a hotel, my favorite on Maui is the Hyatt.

LOTS more info about Maui sights, hotels, restaurants, and activities, at:
http://members.aol.com/Derm1/index.html

Old Aug 8th, 1998, 02:44 PM
nancy

Stayed at the Sands of Kahana in January of 1996 with our family of 5. It was okay - but I would've preferred to stay somewhere closer to Lahaina. I
can't recall what the food was like - I think it was pretty decent - but we traveled around so much
we hardly ate there. I do remember the sunsets from the out door bar were beautiful. The beach and the pool area were crowded and at times it was difficult to get a lounge chair. The water at that time was not good for swimming - maybe it has changed. One positive note, the condo was very clean and soundproof. We loved Maui and thought it was one of the nicest places we have been. Even though the Sands of Kahana was so-so we still had a wonderful time!