pre-teens traveling with us. Or
should we just stay near the airport.
One more question, anyone been to
the Winchester House in San Jose?
Is it worth it?
Thanks.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 01:54 PM
Patty

Jean, You may want to try the Embassy Suites at 2885 Lakeside Dr., Santa Clara. Just a few miles from the airport and a very short cab ride to the Cal Train Staion in Santa Clara (we're just north of San Jose). The Embassy Suites may have an airport shuttle (they may even shuttle you to Cal Train in the AM). The kids could enjoy the indoor pool and there is a complimentry breakfast. The Mystery House is just OK but certainly not an attraction to visit if taking away time to see all that this area has to offer. It's also about $30 per person for a tour. Enjoy San Francisco. Walk the Golden Gate if you have an opportunity. Enjoy. If the Embassy does not fit your needs, post again and I'll do some research.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 03:54 PM
kam

Agree with above. I would not recommend the Winchester Mystery House at all. If you wanted something to do with the kids in San Jose, consider the Tech Museum which is fun for all ages. San Jose is large in population, but the area an airline passenger would be interested in is actually quite compact. You won't find any problems getting a taxi or van from one place to another. There are a variety of hotel options in the area, but the Embassey Suites sounds good for a family such as yours.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 05:29 PM
jean

Dear Patty & Kam,
Thanks so much for the quick
reply and information. It
sounds perfect!
Jean

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 06:50 AM
Jeannie

To Jean: My extended family and I stayed at the Embassy Suites on Lakeside Drive in Santa Clara in July. It is a very nice property and the staff was very helpful. It differs a little from other Embassy properties, in that they only have King beds, no doubles. Also, the design is more like a regular hotel, i.e no atrium. (I have stayed at over 12 Embassy Suites across the U.S. so I consider myself somewhat of "an authority" on Embassy Suites.) This location offers a free shuttle to the airport, which is about a 5 to 10 minute drive, depending on time of day. The indoor pool is rather small.