San Francisco in July

Old Jun 29th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Francisco in July

Am going to SF in Jul/Aug...any tips on things to do for the least cost? We are active and would love to do the bike accorss Golden Gate but too many companies to choose from..should we ferry back? Also want to see Tetrazini??? Is it a good show? Anyone have any "ins" on discounts?
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM

What or who is Tetrazini? I live in SF, never heard of it!

Out of curiosity I googled, goot Titrazini sang in 1910 and chicken tetrazini.

Can't be it, as you want to "see" it now What's that?
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Oooops! Guess I totally misspelled this one! It is Teatro Zinzanni.On Pier 29. Oooo you live there? I'm sure you know where we should go and what we should do. Any help greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 02:44 PM

While some people (especially NYers) think it is the 'least' coast you meant 'left' coast...right?

Bike across the GG and ferry back is a good idea.
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Original Poster

Aaaah, actually, it is the "best coast"! #39;) Thanks...I will definitley bike it but really want to know a good bike rental company and if it's best to do it on a weekend or weekday.
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 02:55 PM

I don't bike, so can't advise here... but the ferry ride is nice and relaxing in a good weather.

Zinzanni is like $139 per person now, never been there too.

Many Fodorites advise to see the BBB - Beach Blanket Babylon - never been.

Hmm... where have I been? Sausalito is a nice place to visit. There is now a bus (shuttle, look it up on Golden Gate transit website) to Muir Woods if you want to see them.

There are so many museums in San Francisco! Most of them are worth visiting. Zoo... it was remodeling, maybe finished by now? Saturday market by the Ferry building. Different areas of the city... just walk through!
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 03:01 PM

Blazing Saddles.

Do the bridge early or late in the day. After 3:30 you can go over one way and back on the other side during the week or all day on weekends.

For stuff to do in Marin:

http://www.marinestates.com/marin.html
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 03:12 PM

Check out the web site for Blazing Saddles in SF (Fisherman's Wharf locations). I have not rented from them, but they seem to be the dominant player in the bike rental business. The majority of bike riding tourists I see in Tiburon on the weekend use their equipment. They have a 10 percent discount coupon on their web site.
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 05:42 PM
SAB

You'll get mixed reviews on Teatro ZinZanni--some really enjoy it. I went with out of town visitors who really wanted to go despite repeated my recommendations for Beach Blanket. Anyway it's a blend of acrobats, singers, clowns, sort of zany cirque in a dining space. I didn't really enjoy it, too noisy, to frenetic for my taste and I really despise audience participation shows. It's not a very only in SF kind of thing like BBB, seemed more like Las Vegas to me.
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 05:49 PM

I went to Teatro Zinzanni as a guest of one of the performers in 2002. If I had to pay for it, well I wouldn't of gone. It was fun, though IMHO, not worth the money they charge.