Reload this Page >

San Francisco Hotel Opinions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Larry

Thanks for responding. Has anyone stayed at the Cartwirght Hotel on Union Square in San Francisco? What's the good and bad?

Also, how about the Harbour Court Hotel on Stewart Street. Good and bad.
Thanks,
Larry

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 12:14 PM
John

Harbour Court and the Hotel Griffon (next door) are both wonderful boutique hotels with (thanks to the '89 quake) great views of the Bay. Cartwright is probably better located but the Harbour Court/Griffon are nicer and both BART and MUNI can whisk you to Union Square in minutes.

(I stay at the Griffon every time I visit SF...I love it!)

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 02:00 PM
Patrick

I always thought Paris had the smallest hotel rooms in the world until I stayed at the Cartwright. We could barely squeeze around the room on each side of the bed. The bath was tiny. The hotel needed a major refurbishing, but it has been a few years so not sure if it is better now, but I can pretty well guarantee that the room sizes have not changed.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 06:55 PM
Larry

Thanks [email protected] for your comments about the Harbour Hotel and the Hotel Griffon. The Griffon was booked, will try another time. I could not reach your E Mail address.

Larry

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 03:23 AM
Parrot Mom

Try the Andrews Hotel.. www.andrewshotel.com very difficult to get in...only 44 rooms, right down the street from Union Square..boutique type hotel..been there twice and friend going tomorrow...

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 02:21 PM
Sharon

Does anyone have any knowledge re the COw Hollow Motor Inn, Coventry MOtor Inn or Comfort In by the Bay? I understand the Comfort Inn has just done some renovation-what about location? thanx for the info!!!! SF