Reload this Page >

San Francisco Hotel Choices?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Kathy

I'll be in San Franciso Memorial Day weekend and I have currently narrowed my choices down to three hotels which are all within the same price range. Can anyone give me feedback on the pros and cons of my choices (in terms of the faclities, condition of rooms etc). My choices are Westin St. Francis, Grand Hyatt San Francisco (on Stockton St nr. Union Square) and the Juliana Hotel. PS Westin St. Francis has mentioned that there is renovation work going on in Union Sq Park and I don't know what kind of impact that would have staying there but let me know what's going on in the area. Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Ed

Union square is a shopping area located near the theater district. It also has the biggest collection of bums, winos, and panhandlers in the city.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Nikki

I thoroughly enjoy Union Square! I've stayed in that area of San Francisco countless times. The construction across the street from the Westin St. Francis is well-confined. If you stay there, I'd ask for a room on the south side of the hotel. The rooms are spacious, and you can't beat the Heavenly Bed. The Compass Rose is also a great reason to stay here. The Juliana is a boutique hotel owned by The Kimpton Group, who also own several properties throughout S.F. Have you tried the Sir Francis Drake? Kimpton owns them as well as the Villa Florance. The Juliana's rooms are quaint and modern, and the lobby is small and intimate. I enjoyed it immensely, but I prefer the Sir Francis Drake. I've never stayed at the Hyatt, but like all big chain hotels, the ambiance seems to be blended in the same old bedspreads regardless if you're in Charleston or San Francisco.

Hope this helps.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 09:46 PM
joesorce

boulevards.com has some good information on visiting San Fran, and their hotel search feature often has decent rates for the Westin

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Jack

The Clift,The W or Mandarin Oriental?