San Francisco cooking courses?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 03:01 AM
Tracy

Hi all -

Anyone know any good 1- or 2-day cooking schools in The City? My husband has requested this for his Xmas pressie =)

Many thanks for sharing your experiences!
T

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 04:18 PM
Susan

Topping because I am also thinking of someone who would like this for Christmas!

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 06:48 PM
kam

WokWiz sometimes has cooking classes. If not, their tours and dim sum lunches are great. www. wokwiz.com

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 09:35 PM
patty

I did some research on this because it was an intriguing subject to me and came up with some websites to classes. In addition to wokwiz.com, there's tantemarie.com and surlatable.com/cooking/ with classes in SF as well as Berkeley. I found two other Berkeley classes: sustainablekitchen.com and spunsugar.com (cakes, etc.) and an Oakland class in Indian cooking: rutaruta.com. There are also two suburban listings: cooksbookscorks.com in Danville (east of Oakland) and andronicos.com in Albany (north of Berkeley). Oh and thaifoodandtravel.com but I'm not sure if their classes are in the Bay Area as well as abroad. And of course more listings if you're interested in Napa and Sonoma-based classes.

I've never had personal experiences with any of these places, nor known anyone who has, but I'm sure going to look into it on my next visit there.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 08:01 AM
Susan

Wow, Patty, thanks for all the great info! There's lots to look into there. I believe I've read about the Tante Marie classes in a food magazine .. I'll try and find more about it and post.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 02:09 PM
kam

Also search for the San Francisco Culinary Institute and up in Sonoma there's a B&B that offers classes for a weekend while you stay there. Sorry, the name escapes me. In San Mateo on the Peninsula is Draeger's an upscale grocery store that offers cooking classes with area chefs--you can check classes and register online at www.draegers.com. It's not located in San Francisco, but close to SFO.

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 06:59 AM
Suzie

The name that's escaping kam I believe is Ramekins. My sisters and I are planning to take a Friday evening class suring our stay in Sonoma in February.