Reload this Page >

San Francisco AND Washington?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 11:12 PM
John

My wife and I are thinking of going to SF in August . Spending a week in California (Yosemite or Lake Tahoe???) and then flying to Seattle (for 1 week) to visit Mt Rainier and Olympic Park and whale watching cruise(too far apart?). Can we fit it all in? Is it too much for 2 weeks? We want to do all the nature things but are not very athletic. Any help would be appreciated.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 12:06 AM
xxx

I think it's definitely do-able if you're planning on flying vs. driving to Washington.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 12:44 AM
John

Do you have any suggestions? For washington? Yosemite, SF, Monterey , big Sur all in one week? Too much driving?

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 07:18 AM
The Comptons

You might consider seeing Mt. St. Helens which erupted a number of years ago. The damage is remarkable but so is the way the area is coming back.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 08:29 AM
xxx

Big Sur and Monterey and SF or SF and Yosemite, but not Yosemite and Big Sur and SF all in one week - way too much driving and no time to stop and see anything. I'd suggest taking a week to see Big Sur and SF and skip Yosemite this trip. And then fly up to Seattle and spend a week. Spend a few days visiting Seattle. Spend one day driving out to Snoqualmie Falls to see waterfalls and some pretty forest scenery. Also take a day or two and spend some time on the San Juan Islands.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 08:15 AM
Tammy

Hi, sounds like lots of fun. I would suggest Big Sur and Yosemite. Lots of beauty and even if crowded they are breath taking. Have fun.