Search

San Fran to Reno

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Fran to Reno

Hi - We are planning to go to San Fran in October and would like to do a week in Reno from there. Does anyone know of any great gambling junkets or cheap flights. We would like to stay at the Silver Legacy. Thx.!
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:00 PM

Silver Legacy is a nice hotel. I would also look into the Eldorado (next door) and the Harrahs. You can find cheap flights on Southwest out of Oakland. All the big hotels offer free shuttle transportation to and from the airport. There's no need to rent a car uless you plan to go to Lake Tahoe.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:44 PM

A week in Reno? If you really are into the experience...I don't know:-\. It is a pretty small place to visit for a week. Tahoe would be a place you could really spend a week since it is surrounded in such natural beauty. I actually thought the Legacy was a letdown:-<. The Peppermill actually is glitzier in that Reno kind of way. Hope you have a wonderful trip no matter what you decide!
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:19 PM

For inexpensive flights to Reno, Southwest is very good. I just checked their website and they have fares to Reno from Oakland in October for $113 roundtrip.

Peppermill is a nice hotel, but it is not downtown where all the action is. You would need a car if you stay there for sure. I prefer the Harrahs due to its central location. If you prefer not to stay downtown, I would recommend John Asquaga's Nugget in Sparks. A week in Reno could easliy be filled with sidetrips to Lake Tahoe and Virginia City. The Sierra mountains around the city of Reno make for nice vistas. Other things that are worth doing in Reno ar the Fleishmann Planetarium at the University of Nevada Reno, National Automobile Museum, and golfing.

Look at the URL below for more ideas.

http://renolaketahoe.com/
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Thx for those great suggestions. The time in Reno is for a conference and we have to go early for hubby's golf day! Regards, Hilda
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 12:10 PM

Hilda,

These are all good suggestions for lodging, for all the reasons given. If both people are attending the conference, then you likely won't need a car, but if one person is on her own, you'll likely want to rent one so that you could tootle around and see different things during the day.

I highly recommend a side trip up to Lake Tahoe if you have the time for it. It's staggeringly beautiful.