Reload this Page >

San Fran-Priceline- hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2000, 11:08 AM
Sandy

My husband and I are going to San Francisco in June. I would like to try price line.com to book a hotel. Has anyone had experience doing this?

Old Feb 27th, 2000, 03:09 PM
traveler

Just remember that taxes are not included when you bid. The taxes can sometimes add more than 10% to the price of the room. Start low, at maybe 50% of the advertised rate for a particular hotel; if your bid is rejected, you can bid upward in small increments. Let us know if you're successful and satisfied.

Old Feb 27th, 2000, 04:34 PM
Tricia

If you go to www.frommers.com
there is a board for posting bad travel experiences and there are several regarding SkyAuction and Priceline hotels. Airfare is okay but with the hotels what people are finding is they switch em. You get your reservation and find out its not what you wanted. One person gave a detailed account of all he went thru with his credit card company. E mail me and I can put you in touch with him as he is from another travel board. He found another board (in fact it was mentioned on this site) that allows YOU to put together your own iteniary and approve it BEFORE it is charged to your credit card.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 03:58 PM
kal

sandy...we went thru priceline to see what we could find for our 20th anniv. in sf over the past t'giving weekend (thurs and friday nights)...we asked for top of the line (i think it was 4 or 5 stars)and bid $100/night...we got the st. francis ! right across from union sq...great old hotel and the cheapest we could get them to ourselves was about $200/night...warning..parking at a hotel in d'town sf can range from $20-30.00 per day...not incl in priceline charge..st francis was right next to all of the shopping/theatre/cable cars and restaurants. i think i left my heart there ? good luck
kal

Old Feb 29th, 2000, 11:53 AM
Peter Thompson

Sandy,
Just a quick note to tell you that my wife and I stayed in the Raphael in SF and it was great! Good room, good service and great location.

Hope you have a good trip and be sure to walk across the Golden Gate.