Reload this Page >

San Diego Weather question?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Sheila

My family and I are coming to San Diego in July for vacation. I have been hearing a lot about a possible EL Nino weather pattern forming. Does anyone know if this will affect the weather the end of this July? I know the last time we had one of these the rainfall amount doubled in southern California. If anyone has any info on this I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 10:24 AM
XXX

We've had barely any rain this year, so I don't know where they're getting the El Nino ideas from. We're about 1/3 of the average rain fall for this season. I hope we get more soon, or we could run into more fire problems like last week.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Barbara

The El Nino which is beginning to form in the Pacific Ocean probably wouldn't affect California rain-wise until next winter. At this time it's pretty hard to forecast weather for the end of july, but there's no reason to expect it to be unusual. That means no rain, warm/hot days and pleasant evenings, possible night and morning low clouds.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Dana

If there is an El Nino, the water temperature in the ocean should be warmer, which will be great! The Pacific is colder than the Atlantic. Have a great time

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Dawn Ct

What can I expect for weather in San Diego in mid April? thanks, Dawn

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 08:59 AM
xxx

It's anyone's guess what the weather in Southern California will be like in April. There was snow coming down in Malibu less than a month ago and now LA is having record breaking temperatures with some of the inland locations experiencing temps in the 90's. Personally I'm hoping that we have rain for the entire month of April so we can catch up on our rainfall for the year.