Reload this Page >

San Diego trip (zoo?)

Search

San Diego trip (zoo?)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 05:13 PM
stephanie

San Diego trip (zoo?)

I want to take a trip w/ boyfriend who is an animal lover. How does the zoo rate vs. wild animal park? Is either worth it? Has anyone tried either the "roar & snore" and/or "night moves" at the zoo? Any other ideas?

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 10:41 PM
xxx

In my opinion, the San Diego Zoo is one best I've encountered in the world. It's well worth a visit.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 03:43 AM
kate

Both are world class, however, two entirely different eggs. Both the WAP and the zoo are worth a visit for any animal lover--hard to make a choice. Why not do the zoo during the day and WAP at night on another day.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 04:41 AM
Laura

Hi Stephanie,

I was in San Diego about 3 years ago and visited the zoo. Even though I am not much of a zoo person I loved it and would defnitely recommend it to anyone. The hippo enclosure is absolutely amazing.

Enjoy it!

Laura

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 08:20 AM
Barbara

Stephanie, both the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park are amongst the best in the world. Only you can decide if it's worth it to you. I believe "Roar and Snore" and "Night Moves" are summer programs which have now ended for this year. Both parks now close at 4pm, but in December there is the "Festival of Lights" at the Wild Animal Park. During this time, the Park closes at 8pm. For more detailed info, look at the Zoological Society web site at www.sdzoo.com.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 03:44 PM
David

I hate to sound redundant but I have to agree with most people who have said they are both world class. One thing you may consider is if you have been to many zoos but no wild animal parks, perhaps you might wish to try something different. You will not be disappointed no matter which you decide, however, I must admit that the tour in the WAP made me feel as if I was actually in Africa at times...it was amazing!