Reload this Page >

san diego to anaheim

Search

san diego to anaheim

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 08:45 AM
jthompson

san diego to anaheim

I'll be spending several days in California during mid-September combining a business and pleasure trip. Would greatly appreciate suggestions for things to do/not to be missed between San Diego (arrival location)and Anaheim (departure site). Thanks!

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 07:43 PM
Dayle

You probably already know about the usual, but fun SD tourist sites, such as the zoo and Sea World. If you like sports, you might try renting a jet ski in Mission Bay! The La Jolla area offers the excellent Scripps Aquarium. If it's the weekend, go early. You can hot air balloon in the Del Mar area. If you enjoy wine tasting, go inland to the Temecula area. There are several good winerys and an excellent restaurant called Cafe Champaigne at the Thornton Winery. Thornton also does jazz concerts on Sundays, call them for their schedule, most sell out ahead. Laguna Beach is great for art and people watching. The coastline is beautiful there! Newport Beach is also a great area, especially for rollerblading and bike riding along the beachfront. The weather will still be plenty warm in September! Have fun....

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 06:46 AM
Mary

For "in between" spots, my suggestions would be Del Mar. Quaint town with lots of B&B's and shops, restaurants, etc. Also, the Mission in San Juan Capistrano, also a little town with shops and restaurants. Laguna Beach is also nice. Las Brisas is a nice restaurant with a good view.

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 10:43 AM
Paul Rabe

Suggestions:
Wild Animal Park (must see)
La Jolla Beach Caves
Torrey Pines State Beach and Preserve
San Juan Capistriano (a bit touristy)
Dana Point (must visit if you've read "Two Years Before the Mast")
Bolsa Chica State Beach
Newport Beach Harbor
Huntington Beach Pier

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 02:14 PM
kam

Mission San Luis Rey is even prettier than Capistrano and contains many works of art removed from other missions. It's an easy drive near Oceanside.

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 03:01 PM
ray seva

When you're in San Clemente, turn onto Highway 1, the coastal highway. Stop off at Laguna Beach and check-out this nice little community...lots of shops, an art-lovers place...nice beaches.
You can then continue up Hwy one and exit onto Hwy 55...will take you to hwy-5 and right into Anaheim.

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 12:52 PM
Tricia

I'll second the vote to visit Temecula since I've lived here l8 years. Besides the wineries there is Old Town Temecula with many antique stores. Then in Anaheim there is Disneyland of course, Knott's Berry Farm and all of the touristy things to do around that area. Pick up a AAA guide- it helps a lot plus gives great discounts!