Reload this Page >

San Diego - October or November?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 06:04 AM
Janie

Have a chance to visit San Diego in either October or November. Is the weather about the same for either month, and therefore, it wouldn't make much difference? I have never been to California before, so I was wondering if the ocean will be "warm" enough to swim in around that time. For a reference, I am used to the waters around south Florida. Thanks so much for any advice.... Janie

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 07:15 AM
Robin

Both should be very nice, but October is likely to be warmer-- it's one of the best months in So Cal (actually, in my exdperienec, October is the best month proactically anywhere!).

The Pacific is almost never as warm as south Florida. What we would consider warm enough is probably different from what you're used to! But do it anyway-- it's fabulous once you get in!

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 07:58 AM
Louis

The ocean temperature will be around 66F. I live here and I go to the Caribbean or South Pacific when I want to swim. However, many hardy souls do swim all year. The surf board people wear wet suits.

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 02:28 PM
Emily

October really is the best month to come. You will find our ocean waters to be "invigorating" but still enjoyable.

Old Aug 25th, 2000, 05:52 AM
SDSam

I live in San Diego. There is no question that October is definitely the best month to visit California. I lived in SE Florida for 8 years so I know the relative temperatures of the water. You will find the water freezing compared to South Florida. In fact I am used to it and it is a way to chilly for me in October. The water temp. will typically be in the mid 60's.