DH and I are planning a trip for Oct this year to drive down Hwy 1 from San Jose (home) to San Diego.
Plan to stay 2 nights Pismo Beach (never been there), we’re looking at The SeaVenture.
Then 3 or 4 nights in Carlsbad at Beach Terrace Inn. We want to stay ocean/beach side in both places.
Then I was thinking of staying 2 nights actually IN San Diego but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out where….Mission Bay area, Gas Lamp area, or???
We’re seniors so really don’t need nightlife or a wild party atmosphere. Any suggestions as to location?
Would love it if I could find a place w/free parking and maybe even free breakfast. The more I read about the various areas the more confused I get. So many have negative or mixed comments about each area.
I guess I should ask “where would your grandparents (who are still relatively active) like to stay?”
My price range is $200/night +/_
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://nutrasunnaturalgreencleanseblog.com/garcinia-core-cambogia/
- 2 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 3 Our next summer trip
- 4 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 5 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 6 Dulles to BWI
- 7 Family winter holiday
- 8 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 9 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 10 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 11 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 12 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 13 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 14 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 15 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 16 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 17 Muir Woods - new rules
- 18 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 19 Padre Islands
- 20 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 21 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 22 NASHVILLE
- 23 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 24 4 days in San Diego
- 25 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?