San Diego - La Valencia or Hyatt

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2000, 01:47 PM
Erica

Hello,
We will be vacationing in San Diego and were thinking of reserving a room at La Valencia hotel. We were also considering the Hyatt in downtown San Diego. Does anyone have any opinions on where would be the better place to stay? + & - for both?
thank you!

Old May 22nd, 2000, 03:57 PM
Kate

The La Valencia is somewhat of an uptight place to stay, all depends on what you want out of your stay. Hyatt-which one, there are several in San Diego. E-mail me directly with what you want to do and I can help you out.

Old May 22nd, 2000, 05:03 PM
Erica

Hello again,
we prefer romantic/elegant accomodations. We also enjoy nightlife.

Thanks for your help!

Old May 22nd, 2000, 05:06 PM
Erica

the Hyatt that I was looking at was in downtown San Diego -- 1 market place was the street address.

Old May 22nd, 2000, 06:35 PM
Paul

For romance and nightlife, I would choose the Hyatt. The Hyatt has a bar on the very top floor that is a popular romantic spot. You can walk to the Gaslamp District for restaurants and entertainment. You can take the Ferry to Coronado. La Valencia, on the other hand, is a 1st class hotel in downtown La Jolla and very popular. La Jolla is a beautiful vacation spot. But dollar for dollar value, I would go Hyatt.