Reload this Page >

San Diego in February

Search

San Diego in February

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 07:43 AM
Cathy

San Diego in February

My husband and I will be spending a few days in San Diego before driving to Yuma,AZ to visit family. What kind of weather should we expect? Looking for recommendations for "must do's" in a short time. Is there a San Diego web site that would help us? Thanks!!!

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 08:06 AM
jhm

I was at the San Diego Wildlife Park -- a branch of the zoo, and a must see -- in between LA and San Diego last February, and it was around 55/60 degrees as a high, overcast.

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 08:06 AM
Bhavana

Cathy,

I would definitely plan for somewhat rainy weather. We last went to San diego in 2000 Jan-end around 20th or so, and there were quite a few showers during the day and evening. The day showers cleared by noon, but it was cooler than usual, so a jacket did help us enjoy Sea World, Wild Animal Park, etc. One good thing was that the crowds were much less everywhere and acco was cheaper than usual.

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 08:15 AM
Barbara

Cathy, when will you be in San Diego? Right now, the temp. is several degrees below "normal" during the day, and really chilly at night. We have had some rain. Take a look at www.sdinsider.com and www.sandiegozoo.org.

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 08:34 AM
lcuy

Cathy- The weather in Feb can be anywhere from 50's to 80's. The odds of getting rain are slim as the annual rainfall is 10 inches. Plan on tee shirts with sweatshirts or sweaters and maybe a windbreaker to layer and you should be fine. Zoo, Balboa park, Coronado (rent bikes for fun), Presidio park, Cabrillo lighthouse, are all fun things to do

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 09:38 AM
xxx

sea world is expensive but if you've never seen something like that, it's good.
wild animal park is good.
a lot of museums in balboa park.
casa de bandini in old town for dinner - good margaretta's.
tom ham's lighthouse restaurant is very good. go before sunset as the view of downtown is nice.
pizza - go to mountain mike's in claremont or pizza port in solona beach
waunder around coronado - walk through the hotel - there's a section that tells alot of history.
go for a walk along the coast by la jolla cove - lots of sea lions in one section.
the harbour cruise is a relaxing couple of hours and gets you up close to the navy ships.