Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

San Diego Driving Direction, grocery store?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2003, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for driving directions from airport to Bahia. Any gorcery stores in the area?

Thanks
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 03:21 PM

I assume you mean the Bahia Resort Hotel on Mission Bay. If you go to maps.yahoo.com or mapquest.com and plug in the address of the hotel, they will give you the driving directions and a map of the hotel. (mapquest.com lists 19 airports in San Diego--you want San Diego Int'l on Harbor Drive. Maps.yahoo.com automatically plugs in San Diego Int'l).
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 03:55 PM

if you do use yahoo maps, there is a "nearby businesses" choice on the right side of the screen. click on 'other' and it will take you to lots of choices - one being 'grocers'. click on that, and it will list stores and show locations...
d
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 03:57 PM

I mean, 'more' instead of 'other'...
sorry!
d
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 04:44 PM

I'm sorry but I didn't answer the second part of your question. On mapquest and yahoo, please click on the Yellow Pages, enter the address of the hotel, then pick a category and subcategory (e.g., on mapquest, "shopping guide" and then "grocery store"). You will get a list of grocery stores, by proximity to your hotel. There are many grocery stores on Mission Blvd and in the Pacific Beach area in general, so you will have no trouble finding one near you.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 06:00 PM

from airport, follow signs to Interstate 5 North. Get on 5 North. Exit 8 West. Follow to Sports Arena exit. Turn right at the light. Follow exit to Mission Bay Drive. It will circle around. The Bahia will be on your right, about 1/2 mile down. When I lived near the Bahia, I used to go grocery shopping at Ralphs. If you get back on Mission Bay Drive and make a right on Mission Blvd...go about a mile or so until you hit PB Drive or Grand...can't remember which...you'll see Ralph's in a large shopping center. You can park underground. Hope that helps.