Reload this Page >

San Diego Area Lodging

Search

San Diego Area Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 07:23 AM
Dana

San Diego Area Lodging

My mom and I are spending the first week in Dec. in San Diego. We're thinking about staying somewhere on the coast. Will rent a car to get around. Looking for a nice and reasonably priced place to stay that's not too far from most of the major sights. Could be a B&B or small hotel to a resort. From what I'm hearing La Jolla is the best area to stay. Any suggestions?

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 03:01 AM
steve

La Jolla is nice. Also expensive. Are you looking for a resort, or just a place to stay. If you just wnat a place to stay, i suggest going a few miles north and stay in one of the many smaller towns such as Carlsbad.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 10:32 AM
xxx

if you gave us your price range, you'd get better advice

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 01:46 PM
Eileen

If you decide on La Jolla, try the Empress Hotel or the Best Western Inn By The Sea. Both are within 2 blocks of the La Jolla Cove and within a few blocks walk to all the restaurants, bars, shopping in La Jolla.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 03:38 PM
Eileen

Jane,

Unfortuantely, the location you mentioned at 8506 is not near the beach or La Jolla proper - it is closer to the business district of La Jolla, called the UTC area. It is close to the highway and is more than 5 miles from the La Jolla Cove (beach) area.

I'd see if you could cancel and rebook near the Cove.

Any more help needed, let me know!

Eileen

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 03:41 PM
Eileen

Sorry about the previous entry - there's another inquiry about lodging in La Jolla and I was trying to respond to that one........Eileen

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 09:20 AM
Nicole

My fiance and I stayed at the Best Western in La Jolla. We liked it alot. Not right on the cove, but who can afford that!? Good location and we didn't have to pay to park! Walking distance to most everything. Carlsbad is up the coast, more north. My best friend lives there and I spent a lot of time there. Fun, but I don't know if you want to stay that far away from San Diego itself. We also stayed at the Bahia in Mission Bay. Usually is pricy but we got a great deal. That was close to all kinds of things in the Mission Bay/San Diego proper area, but you might not get the incredible rate we did.

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 08:50 AM
Pamela

To the previous poster: how did you get such a great deal at the Bahia?

Pamela

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 10:52 AM
xxx

catamaran is nice