Reload this Page >

San Antonio, TX Things to do in Nov.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 1999, 07:37 AM
Nicole Simmons

We'll be attending a wedding in the San Antonio area in November. We are considering taking our vacation (5-7 days) since we'll already be there. We're into golf, rollerblading, horseback riding, deep sea fishing and scuba diving. Would this area be able to provide us with these activities? I gather from reading the other notes posted on this forum that there is no shortage of good restaurants! Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thank you!

Old Aug 18th, 1999, 01:31 PM
Christie

Yes and No. San Antonio is a wonderful place with lots of things to do, but it's not on the coast, so deep sea fishing (and most likely scuba) will be out. You can drive 2 hourse further south to Corpus Christi and do these things, but keep in mind that Texas isn't south Florida, and it does get chilly in the winter. Check on the web about deep sea fishing charters out of Corpus- that's out of my area of expertise!

As for the horseback riding, there are some very nice dude ranches around the area, especially in Bandera. I'm sure they would be able to accomodate you on this aspect. In fatc, it would probably be quite fun to just stay at one for a few days! I know of the Y.O. Ranch and Diamond Lil's, but there are sure to be more. (If you are military, Fort Sam Houston has a stable that rents horses hourly.)

Good luck- San Antonio is a GREAT place to relax!
Christie

What San Antonio is best for: shopping at the Mexican Mercado, EATING yummy Tex-mex food on the beautiful riverwalk in downtown, and touring historic sites, such as the Alamo and the missions. They also have a wonderful zoo and museums.

Old Aug 18th, 1999, 10:20 PM
stayce

Well, in November in New Braunsfels (which is not far north of there up 35) Wurstfest is going on. I am pretty sure it goes on every weekend in November. Its a german festival w/ bratwurst & beer. ITs a great time.

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 08:45 AM
cherie

I have to go to a meeting in SA over Halloween and heard that the party is at La Villeta....a street party for Halloween. Riverwalk, restaurants and what museums? And of course...the Alamo.

Old Sep 4th, 1999, 01:11 PM
susan

I agree about New Braufels and San Marcos too. Lots of outlets there. There are also some caverns we toured near there a few years ago.
Fredericksburg is also an interesting town to the northwest of San Antonio. My husband worked there a few years ago and we enjoyed the area very much. The Riverwalk and Alamo are must sees. There is also an interesting Texas musuem, can't remember the name of it but it was near the space needle downtown.
Hope you have a great trip.