San Antonio Hotel Questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be attending a conference at the Gonzales Convention Center and booked a room at the Drury Plaza Hotel. Has anyone out there stayed at this property? Feedback is appreciated. It states on the website that the hotel is 4 blocks from the convention center. How long will it take to get from the hotel to this destination if walking? Thanks!!
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Any good restaurant recommendations will also be helpful. We have a per diem of $50 per day. Breakfast is provided at the hotel so I'm looking for lunch and dinner options. The group I will be with like a good deli or plate lunch and Italian, Mexican, Pizza, Burgers, or Steak for dinner.
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 04:54 PM

There are probably close to a hundred restruants along the River Walk . . all cuisines. Dicks Last Resort is always a hoot

http://www.sanantonioinsider.com/dining.htm
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Original Poster

I went to a Dick's in Dallas. Late night pub grub. Not great but it was well after mignight and we were glad to find it open and serving food!!
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 06:40 PM

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
If it's the one that was an old bank than yes, I've stayed here a few years ago. We got a 2 room corner suite which was on one of the top floors. It had an awesome view of San Fernando Cathedral. We never starved either with the free breakfast and early evening cocktail hour which was pretty good.

I'm not sure how far the convention center is but it didn't seem far to walk to the local sites. To get to the riverwalk, you do come out an end that didn't have much and you had to go a little way to get to the action.

One resturant that we liked and wasn't far is the Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse. It's in the other Drury Hotel on the other side of the riverwalk.
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

TTT
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 02:35 PM

According to Google, 8 minutes:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

If it doesn't come up right, go to Drury Plaza Riverwalk on maps, click "Directions" make sure the hotel is in the top one and type in convention center in the second box. You may have to click "walking directions"