San Antonio

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 05:21 PM
Adela Romano

San Antonio

Am travelling to the US in August. Is San Antonio TX worth a visit and where should as far as location. I wont have a car.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 06:27 PM
Linda

San Antonio is one of the five unique cities in the US according to Will Rogers and is a great city. BUT I need to warn you that it is very HOT in August--90-100+ degrees fahrenheit. If you are in the center city, you won't need a car as most things are within easy walking distance or there is a trolley for $0.50. Check www.traveltex.com or mysanantonio.com for more information. Where else are you going to be? The US is pretty big and it could be a long train ride or you may have to fly.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Karen

San Antonio is fabulous and has loads of things to see and do, but it will definitely be very hot and humid.

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 10:08 PM
Linda

Another web site is www.savisit.com

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 03:36 AM
JimRose

Agreed on the weather and worthiness. My advice would be to stay on or very near the Riverwalk in San Antonio, rather than trying to save a few dollars and ending up in a subprime location. Cab fare in from the airport is cheap. Shop the rates and you should be able to find something reasonable. (Rates are driven by season and convention schedules -- perhaps you'll be hitting a good time rate-wise).