Reload this Page >

Salisbury Hotel in NYC any comments?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Mark

I have been quoted a rate of $120 for the Salisbury Hotel in NYC for 3/7/02 thru 3/11/02. Seems like good location, 57th near 7th Ave. Any comments? Is this a good rate for this hotel? Is it worth trying Priceline etc. at this late date to try for a better rate? thanks.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Cindy

I used to stay at the Salisbury all the time, until they renovated and upped the rates to the point where I couldn't afford it any more. That seems like an excellent rate for this hotel. The location is great; it's right across the road from Carnegie Hall, and you can walk to Times Square and the theaters from there. The last time I checked, rates were a lot higher than $120 - maybe it's because I'm not going until April and it's always more expensive then. The hotel is very pleasant, the rooms are large, and I'd stay there again if I could.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 01:48 PM
nora

We booked it for $119 in March too on Hotel Discount Network. I see it for a lot more other places - like $249 (in fact since we booked it it's already up to $139 on HDN). Sounds like they have larger rooms and fridges, and what a location!

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 02:57 PM
xxx

Ate a good steak there once.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Lindsey

Hey Mark,I think the rate of $120 per night at the Salisbury is a great one. I remember paying that price back in the late 80's. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We only stopped staying there because it became too costly. The location is great. Enjoy .

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Zeev

Hi,
I have a better place for you
The Manhattan Club -
a sleep-4 luxury suite .
Available March 9-16 , 2002 .
200 W 56th st.
the best place and the best location.
email me for more details