Safety

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 11:03 AM
AJ

Safety

I had read once there is a "general rule" to follow as to where to go in DC (i.e.-stay north of x street and west of x street or something like that). Does anyone know what those streets are and which direction to stay? I think I read it in a Fodor travel book.
thanks.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 11:09 AM
What

I would think that one seat on a DC-10 is as good as any other.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 11:12 AM
Beth

Any tourist/business hotel you might find would more than likely be in a safe area; they don't take chances on the safety of their guests and the hotel's capital investment. But some hotels are in more of a business section and there wouldn't be much available in the surrounding streets for night doings. You would probably get more responses if you had a specific location you were considering.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 12:56 PM
X

Message: Please include city/state/region name in message title, EVEN if you are picking a state from the "keyword list"

Author: helpful ([email protected])
Date: 6/28/2001, 2:46 pm ET

Message: I've noticed a lot of ambiguous message titles lately, and many people responding in frustration along the lines of "Why don't you say what state/city you're talking about?!?!

Posters AND readers may not realize/remember that when you post a message you are given the option of both a message and a 'keyword'.
For example, someone might use "best hotel" as a message and choose "arizona" from the keyword list, not realizing that the keyword does NOT show up in the message title or text, and is only useful for searching among all the posts.

I really enjoy this forum, but I don't want to 'waste' my time reading posts on topics I thought were about something else, nor do I think posters deserve rude (ok, frustrated)
responses to their posts because they are unaware of how the system works.

Thank you !

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Fred

To X and Helpful-Forget to take your metamucil today??? You type A personalities need to relax and not sweat the small stuff...

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 01:49 PM
lgmaumee

Andrea, I'm planning a trip to DC this fall and would like to hear an answer to your question, too. You seem to have received some pretty useless information so far. If anyone in DC can recommend a nice hotel (not four-star, but not economy) in a safe part of DC, please let Andrea and I know.

Thanks!!!