Search

Sacramento to SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 1998, 05:29 PM
Marshall Koonin

Sacramento to SFO

We have a meeting in Sacramento and are going on to Kauai after the meeting. Our flight leaves from SFO Sunday morning the meeting ends Saturday evening. Is there a good and easy way to get to SFO without spending a fortune (I'd rather spend it in Kauai where my wife and I will be spending our 45th wedding anniversary and going for the first time to Hawaii)

Old Jul 29th, 1998, 07:28 PM
ray seva

It's only about a 2-hour drive from Sacto to SF. I'd rent a convertible...drop the top, pop in some tunes (CD or cassette)...and enjoy the ride!
It'll be warm at night in Sacto...but you'll probably have to put-up the top once you get to about 30-minutes from SF. It gets VERY chilly at night.
Have fun!

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 02:53 PM
Abbie

I like the idea of renting a car, that's the hassle-free option, and it's a quick drive. Another option is the Greyhound bus.

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 03:02 PM
kam

Ray is right about the 2 hours from Sacramento to SFO, but I would allow 3 if I were leaving on a plane. That allows for traffic problems and returning the car. SFO is currently under construction and boy, is it a mess!! Would you do this Sat. night or Sun am---if Sat. night there are lots of unromantic hotels in Burlingame, but you can return your car and they will provide airport transportation the next am. I shutter to remember that we once missed a flight at SFO by being too laid back about it!! That was a biggy to Hong Kong! It's straight shot--80 west across the Bay Bridge and then 101 to SFO. Have fun in Hawaii, it's ever so much better than Sacramento--please, don't anybody jump on me for that statement!!

Old Aug 12th, 1998, 06:09 PM
Marshall

Thank you for your assistance, we will rent a car in Lovely Sacramento (maybe that will asuage any angry citizens) and drive in on Sunday AM. We will rent Saturday and leave the hotel Sunday at 8AM for an 11:40 flight. Enough time?

Old Aug 14th, 1998, 07:29 PM
ray seva

Oh yeah...that's plenty of time. Now that the speed limit is 65mph, I make the trip to Sacto in about 90-minutes.
I you you go straight to SFO, you should arrive in pretty good shape.

Old Aug 15th, 1998, 12:15 PM

I luv sacramento!