Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

"Run of House"....What exactly does that mean?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:52 AM
newby

Help please!
I see this term alot while booking rooms. I am in the process of planning a long weekend in Las Vegas. I am interested in Treasure Island. While booking I saw this term as was hesitate to book. Can you help? Thanks!

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:53 AM
Jim

It means that you are guaranteed availability and the hotel will assign whatever room they have available at check in. Could be an upgrade or could be the worst room in the hotel.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:06 AM
newby

Thanks Jim:
It makes be a bit nervous to think that I could end up with a bad room. Anyone had any bad or good stories to relate in regard to "Run of House"?
Thanks.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:11 AM
Dayle

Hi Newby! When I worked for a hotel in group sales, we used this term when a group contracted for all the rooms in the hotel at the same price. So, as Jim said, some attendees got suites & some got standard, but all paid the same price. Since you are not part of a group contract, it should mean that you will get whatever is available at the time. If you want to guarantee a certain class or type of room, ask the hotel for their specific rate breakdown and reserve for what you want. Make sure your confirmation clearly states type of room & price. Have fun!

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:20 AM
kc

I go to the same hotel every time I go to Las Vegas..I always request the same room.Sometimes,it is not available when I arrive and they give me something comparable..I think all hotels do this and they say the same thing airlines do, you are guaranteed a seat(room) but which one it is will be made known to you when you get there.