Royal Hawaiian - Tower or Historic Wing?

Old Dec 5th, 1999, 06:36 PM
Paul H.

Royal Hawaiian - Tower or Historic Wing?

My wife and I will be visiting Hawaii this summer for our 25th anniversary and will be starting our stay on Oahu at the Royal Hawaiian. As this is our first night, I want it to be nice an am wondering if it is worth the extra expense to stay in the newer tower with an ocean view or should we just stay in the historic garden wing? Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.

Old Dec 6th, 1999, 06:00 PM
Lani

Paul,

If this will be your first night, especially if you're flying from the East Coast, you will be so tired, it won't matter!!! Many people like the historic wing more than the newer wing, because it's more "Old Hawaii." Have a wonderful time!

Old Dec 7th, 1999, 09:24 AM
Jeannie

Hi,
Stayed at the Royal Hawaiian last May. Lovely! had a tower room - view is great but room itself alitte too modern. also heard noise late at night and early in the morning from nearby hotels. Will choose the real Hawaii next trip.
Room was very modest for the price difference. Hope you like Pink.

Old Dec 19th, 1999, 06:27 PM
Debbie

Hi Paul,
My husband and myself are also going to be staying at the Royal Hawaiian for our 25th anniversary! We are going On Feb. 10 2000 for 6 days and then on to Mauai for 3 days and then to Kauai for 3 days. We have an oceanfront room at the Royal Hawaiian, I couldn't tell you if it is the old or new part. I'm thinking that it is the tower though. When we come back I will post a reply to tell you how it went. By the way we are from Ohio and I'm dreading the 10 hour flight!!!! But I still can't wait to go! I'll write back some time before March 1. We are coming back on the 22 of Feb. See you.

Old Dec 19th, 1999, 08:14 PM
Julie

Hi Paul, The Royal Hawaiian was beautiful. We stayed in the "older" part and had a HUGH suite overlooking the garden with a side-view of the Ocean. If you appreciate the antiques, you'll love it. The rooms were so big, we could have easily had a party of 20 people! The rooms facing the beach were much smaller - it's your preference. Remember, you will probably be down at the Mai Tai Bar (Great Mai Tai's) each evening to watch the sunset anyway!
Have a great time!

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 02:05 PM
Carrie

I had the same question when when I planned our trip! At first I reserved a tower room because I wanted an ocean view and a balcony, but a few weeks later, I decided I wanted to save the $1,000+ (it was that much of a difference because we are staying for 10 days) difference and changed the reservations to a "banyan room". From the other replys, it sounds like I made a good decision! We are going in late Jan. so if I remember, I'll let you know how it was!