Search

Romantic Places

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 09:05 AM
Jared

Romantic Places

I am going to ask my girlfriend to marry me this summer. Where would be a great romantic getaway to ask her?

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 09:27 AM
Christine

Well it depends on what your interests are,

If you like hiking ask her on a mountain top, the north cascades of Washington are gorgeous

Like wine, Napa Valley in a cozy B&B.

The Grand Canyon or just about any National Park.

Kayaking in Alaska

I could do this all day, good luck

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 10:44 AM
Andrea

Go to Captiva Island in Florida and rent a private boat, then go to one of the small isolated islands and propose in the tropical surroundings...
OR do it on the beach there as the sun sets... the possibilities are endless!

Or how about the coast of Maine? Or Banff in Canada? Beautiful, and the temperatures would not be quite as intense as Florida in summer.

Sedona, Arizona is always beautiful and spiritual. Take a Jeep up into the red rocks, camp if that's your thing, and pop the question at sunrise.

But you know what...the most important thing is not where, but the moment itself, and what you say, and the look in your eyes as you say it. Just make sure you get down on one knee! Us women dream of this moment for our whole lives (and us unmarried ones are still dreaming of it!)

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 12:13 PM
Samantha

I have the perfect place for you. It really depends on what your interests are, but I just came back from Hilton Head, South Carolina. It was absolutley beautiful, the definition of romance and it had something to offer everyone. It is a beach--but it is not your normal dirty, over commercialized beach. It is extremely clean, the people are very friendly, they have wonderful restaurants and beautiful resorts that overlook the ocean. The Hyatt Regency is beautiful, they have a huge swimming pool overlooking the ocean along with a huge deck that has swings that you can both sit on that overlook the ocean. I am a travel agent, so if you need more information on Hilton Head or you want some other suggestions---please contact me at my email address above.

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 12:40 PM
Diane

The top of the NY Trade Center or the Empire State Building with all of NYC at your feet...the steps of the Lincoln Monument in Washington, DC, looking out over the reflection pond...one of those breathtaking pull-overs along Rt One North of San Francisco...On the ferry to Sausilito from San Francisco...During an incredible sunset in Sedona, Arizona...Looking over the Grand Canyon...Guess you need to decide if you want seclusion or to be in the middle of a lot of people!