Reload this Page >

Romantic moderate disney hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:16 AM
Tricia

Hi. I want to surprise my boyfriend with a disney trip for his 40th birthday. He's never been to disney. I'm looking for a moderately priced romantic disney hotel that would be good for couples without children. Thanks for your help!

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:25 AM
Theresa

Tricia-check out wdwig.com or disboards.com for a wealth of disney related information!

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:59 AM
bennie

Lots of people post on the above two websites think that Port Orleans -French Quarter is the most romantic moderate hotel. Others will say the Riverside area of Port Orleans is more romantic. Both are beautifully landscaped.

Personally, I would try to get a good rate at one of the "deluxe" hotels like Beach Club or Boardwalk Inn if I was going on an adults trip to WDW. Both are walking distances to Epcot and this gives you lots of dining choices. They are both very nice hotels with more amenitites that an adult would appreciate than the "moderate" disney hotels.

Depending on the time of year you are going you might find a bargain. Jan and early Feb (before Feb 13) are part of their "value" season and there were some very reasonable room only rates available.

Check out mousesavers.com as well as the other sites for ideas on how to get the most for your money from WDW.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:27 PM
Mickey

The Grand Californian is located adjacent to Disneyland and is a gorgeous lodge. Would be my choice for romantic.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:54 PM
Kim

OK, now one post is talking about Orlando and the other Anaheim. We are talking about two different sides of the country.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:25 PM
xxx

Kim: OUCH!

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:41 PM
Mickey

Kim's right. The poster failed to point out if she's going to California or Florida. People need to remember that there is more than just one Disney and more than one Universal Studios. Be clear in your header which one that you're asking about!

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:55 PM
duh!

Maybe tricia is thinking of the euro-disney?

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 05:35 PM
Double Duh

Why would you take a 40 year old man to a family resort (in Anaheim, Orlando, Paris or Tokyo) for a romantic birthday? Is he a Disney fan or is this a true "surprise"? Well whatever, I think for a special occasion such as this you should just pay for a honeymoon suite to ensure romantic amenities. For some reason many couples go to Disney (land and world) for their honeymoon so the romance stuff is available. Good luck on your quest and have a nice time.