Reload this Page >

Rolling Stones in Foxboro, MA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 1997, 01:17 PM
karen Zinck

We have tickets to the Stones Concert in Foxboro, MA and will be staying there 3 days. Anything else to do, places to go, restaurants to try? Easy to get around, we won't have a car. Subway go that far?

Old Aug 31st, 1997, 03:37 PM
sandra engley

I don't know how you plan to get from Nova Scotia to the mainland,if you take a car ride to Yarmouth N.S., then ferry over to Portland Me. you will be about 2 hours north of Boston. At that point you are still 30 miles north of Foxboro and need a car to get to the stadium. Many side trips available along the coastal route descibed above. Without a carit would be very expensive to take a lot of taxis.

Old Aug 31st, 1997, 04:38 PM
Pam

Foxboro is 30 miles but probably close to an hour travel time, so the rental car idea is a good one. For burning off a couple of extra days while there with a car, you should consider Cape Cod...very close to you Rte. 495 location. Go past the "elbow" on a day trip to the National Seashore, Cahoon's Hallow, or Provincetown. There is some driving involved but all can be accomplished in a day trip. Weather would probably be milder than you expect, but bring a sweatshirt just in case for the seashore.

Old Aug 31st, 1997, 04:39 PM
Pam

Foxboro is 30 miles but probably close to an hour travel time, so the rental car idea is a good one. For burning off a couple of extra days while there with a car, you should consider Cape Cod...very close to you Rte. 495 location. Go past the "elbow" on a day trip to the National Seashore, Cahoon's Hallow, or Provincetown. There is some driving involved but all can be accomplished in a day trip. Weather would probably be milder than you expect, but bring a sweatshirt just in case for the seashore.

Old Sep 1st, 1997, 06:31 PM
dennis holland

the subway doesn't go to Foxboro but I know they run trains from South Station in downtown Boston to the stadium for the Patriots football games so I imagine they will for the concerts. Getting a room in Boston at this time of year is difficult because of foliage. People come to New England from all over the world and most start off in Boston because the airport gets international flights. If on a budget you might try the YMCA or YWCA or a hostel. Some of the larger colleges and universities might also have housing on campus. Get a guidebook to Boston and start making some calls soon or you will be out of luck.
Dennis

Old Sep 5th, 1997, 04:39 PM
karen

Sandra we're flying!!! Dennis - thanks, our room is already booked, but thanks for the tip on the train.