Search

Rockport B&Bs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockport B&Bs

Can someone help me narrow down my search for a B&B in Rockport?

There is a VERY LONG list on the rockportusa website.

I will be staying there June 12-14. 1 person only. No car - arriving by train. I would prefer a private bath ... Under $125 per night.

Any recommendations?

So far I really like Beach Knoll Inn, Mooring Stone, Beech Tree, Linden Tree, and Lantana House ... I have sent several emails, so we will see if I still like them after their replies.
Old Sep 17th, 2005, 05:07 PM

I grew up in Rockport...I can definitely recommend Lantana House. A lovely place, and a 3 minute walk to downtown.
Old Sep 17th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Original Poster

Thank You, beachgirl86,

I think I made up my mind to stay at the Linden Tree though. They are located at 26 King Street. Is that a good location?

What do you recommend I do while in Rockport? Do you think spending 2 nights there is enough, or should I consider spending 3?

Old Sep 17th, 2005, 09:11 PM

I think you'll find two nights plenty. You may want to consider the Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge, perched RIGHT on the rocks at Bearskin Neck with glorious views. Not a B&B, but Helmut's Streusel is right across the street (but check on this, we haven't been since summer before last and things come and go) where there's nothing better than grabbing some hot and fresh from the oven streusel and really good coffee for enjoying on the deck of your room or the lovely porch at the back of Helmut's overlooking a cove and the harbor.
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 12:05 PM

The Linden Tree is also a nice choice...you'll still be close to downtown, and you'll be able to walk past the beaches to the shops/restaurants/etc. Maybe an 8-10 minute walk to Dock Square. 2 nights should be good for strolling around, checking out the shops, cafes, restaurants, etc...Enjoy