Search

Road to Hana

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2000, 04:29 AM
Cathy

Road to Hana

Hi Heidi,

I know that the road construction to Hana has completed. Just wondering how long of a distance has the road been widen? (We were there 10 years ago) Does it make any difference to you the last time you were there?

Thanks,

Cathy

Old Mar 25th, 2000, 05:27 AM
Charlie

Widened ?????????? I was there last September,and if it's been widened,I would have hated to see what it used to look like.It appeared to me that they restored deteriorated sections of the old road and did some restoration on a few bridges but if they made anything wider I missed it.

Old Mar 25th, 2000, 01:35 PM
Heidi

Aloha...
For Cathy (03/25/00)
RE: The Road To Hana
No the road was not widened, the work
that they did was to repair pot holes,
do some resurfaceing and to add some new gard rails where needed.
If you would let me know your fax
nbr I would be happy to fax you a copy
of The Road To Hana Highlights...

Mahalo,
[email protected]

Old Mar 25th, 2000, 06:59 PM
traveler

Would someone please look for my husband's sunglasses? They slid all the way across the dashboard and out the window when we were navigating one of those curves. We stopped the car and searched and searched to no avail.

Thanx!

Old Mar 25th, 2000, 07:21 PM
Lori

The road is considerably better than it was 10 years ago - we go down to Hana whenever we are on Maui and have noticed a considerable improvement in the surface of the road over the years (repaving) but except for a few spots it has not been widened - they have added guard rails in some places and rebuilt an area that had been affected by slides, but it's still pretty narrow - but well worth the trip anyway!

Old Mar 26th, 2000, 05:40 AM
Cathy

Hi Heidi and everyone,

Thank you for all of your input concerning the road to Hana. I really appreciated that.

Cathy.