Search

Rm w/Kitchen in AK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rm w/Kitchen in AK

My husband fell in love with Angels Rests views near Seward, to make a long story short we will be 3 next summer and they can only hold 2! Any suggestions for lodging with a kitchen and a view near Seward and Denali? (not at the same time!) We've found one in Homer.
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 05:39 AM

Sorry I can not help you with your accommodations but can you tell me where in Homer did you find a room with kitchen and a view?
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 05:48 AM

I know this was in my trip report, but Denali Lakeside Lodging offers what you are looking for - at least, their Tool Shed cabin. The Tool Shed has a pull out couch so it sleeps 4. It also has a kitchnette that was better than Angel's Rest - I believe they even had an oven (but you'd want to confirm this). And the view was fantastic. I'll post the photos on tripadvisor soon.
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 09:22 AM

For Mama,
If you check through the places on this website, I'm sure you'll find something with a view and kitchen. We stayed at Heart Haven, and it had a full kitchen and great view across K. Bay. Field full of fireweed right ouside our picture window.

http://www.arcticblue.com/accommodations.htm

PS: I know Wildflower was very helpful in planning your Ak trips. Have you heard anymore about her tragic death?

CLynnWeg:
If you Google the town you're interested in and hit accommodations, you'll probably find lots of places that will fit your needs. We always find the greatest places that way iinstead of going through tour guides.
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 09:33 AM

The Harborview Inn in Seward has a lovely off-property duplex with pretty furnishings and a kitchen. It is right accross the street from the bay, with lovely views from the livingroom and bedroom windows.
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Hi Mama, I was looking into the Alaska Suites, but I just found a whole site of Cabins: http://cabinsinhomer.com/. Still looking into Seward!
Old Aug 25th, 2005, 08:18 AM

CLynnWeg, I recall staying at a Mrs Clock's B&B in Seward and the room had cooking facilities. The room is not in her house; rather a small cabin next to it. But I think not all of the rooms are like that. Unfortunately, I can't find her email address. I found the place by searching for Alaska lodging in the web.