Reload this Page >

River Street Inn-rant or rave?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 03:12 PM
Melissa

My husband & I are planning a mid May trip to Savannah. Am I making a mistake by staying at the River Street Inn? Should we stay off the river in the historic district or is River Street charming also? I appreciate any alternative suggestions?

Thanks,
M

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 02:17 AM
Cindy

We got our kids a weekend trip there for Christmas (they haven't made it yet) so I'll top this for you since I'm curious also.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 06:40 AM
Serena

Friends of mine stayed there recently and they said that The River Street Inn was very nice. It sounds like it would be much more fun to stay there, rather than one of the large hotels located in Savannah.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 06:42 AM
Serena

Forgot to mention in the earlier post that I understand The Mulberry Inn is also a delightful place to stay.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Stacy

I just returned from Savannah and we stayed at the River Street Inn. We loved it! We had a city view room. They have a free wine and munchies reception each night from 5 pm - 7 pm. Food was great and there is also a pool table and big screen TV in the room they serve. We never missed it! It was a great way to kick off the evening. I would highly recommend the River Street Inn.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 09:49 AM
a

I read several travel postings that said service at River Street Inn was terrible. Just the thought of dealing with snobbish, poor service turned me off. We are staying at the Foley House, and I did not hear one bad thing said about the service there.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 10:30 AM
OliveOyl

River St itself is anything but charming, but the inn isn't a bad choice from a location standpoint. (Can't address the service issue there.) It is within the historic district of course, and if you have a river view room the ship traffic is fascinating. One side of this inn is on Bay St and it's easy to get either into the historic neighborhoods or City Market from there. You'll want to tour River St, see some of the shops and view it for its historic value, but be forewarned, that street is not why people find Savannah charming.